Shadow copy showing delayed date when trying to restore files RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Im facing strange behavior with Shadow copies.

I have set up shadows copy long time ago. Everything seems to work, copies are made in 1 hour interval to separate disk.

When I check shadow copies settings it is all OK, but the "fun" begins once I try to restore something from network shares. Last restore point is delayed 14 copies back. It means, If server make copy at 3PM Im able to restore only from yesterday 6PM. If server makes copy at 4PM, I will be able to restore from 7PM, etc etc

Its windows server 2016

thank you

Wednesday, September 12, 2018 1:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in our forum.

Based on the screenshots, I assume the time zone settings are different between file server and client, so it would be an expect behavior as they has different time zone setting.

I would suggest you verify the current time zone settings on both side for further verify.

The following screenshots in my lab for your reference:

If you have anything unclear, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 13, 2018 8:50 AM
  • Hello,

nope, timezone is correct, checked before

Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:04 AM
  • Hi,

Could you please also verify the timezone setting on file server side?

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:18 AM
  • Hi,

left is server side, right is client side, both have same time zone

• Proposed as answer by Min Min Ko Thursday, July 16, 2020 1:01 PM
    Friday, September 14, 2018 6:13 AM
  • Anyone ?
    Thursday, July 9, 2020 1:29 PM