none
The network connection profile is corrupted when I try to using WPA-Personal + AES RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I had config a WPA-Personal + AES type network throw the router.

but when i try to connect this network.

I got a error message when i try to config a wifi security type to WPA-Personal + AES on security tab of wireless Network properties window, see as below:

Error saving wireless profile

windows has encountered an error saving the wireless profile.

specific error: The network connection profile is corrupted

So, after that I did some test below:

1 just connect to this network throw the right-bottom icon, it could connect successful, and I check the windows network xml, it was shows right information as WPA-Personal + AES

2 also on the security tab of wireless Network properties window, I try to change the type to WPA-Personal + TKIP , it works, and the windows network xml shows right information as WPA-Personal + TKIP

So, why can i access this network(WPA-Personal + AES), but failed when i try to config it from the wireless Network properties window use the same type (WPA-Personal + AES)

my windows version: win10 pro 10.0.0.17763 build 17763
    • Edited by simon,lv Wednesday, September 18, 2019 1:08 AM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2019 1:05 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Did you try to update network adapter drivers to do a test?

For your reference:

Error WiFi Profiles Are Not Saving in Windows 10

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Thursday, September 19, 2019 7:50 AM
  • Hi,

thx for your reply.

Follow your advice,I try to update my network drivers and the problem was still exit.

So, I test this problem on different win10 version,and use different wlan card, its all failed.

also, I tried the same test on win7, and it did not have this problem.

test steps:

1. config a net work with WPA-Personal + AES + AES or TKIP, connect to this wifi from wifi list

2. enter network and sharing center ---> open wifi status window 

3. enter wireless properties -> security tab

4. config security type and encryption type as : WPA-Personal and  AES, press ok

then the error message pop up

but if I change the security type and encryption type as : WPA-Personal and  TKIP, press ok, it success 

• Edited by simon,lv Monday, September 23, 2019 1:51 AM for detail
    Monday, September 23, 2019 1:40 AM
  • Hi ,

Thanks for your updating.I am sorry that this issue still hasn't been resolved.

Since the limit of the resource, we could not reproduce your problem. 

I would suggest you open a case with Microsoft, more in-depth investigation can be done so that you would get a more satisfying explanation and solution to this issue.

Here is the link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/customer-service-phone-numbers

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Monday, September 23, 2019 8:21 AM