none
Public Folder replication issue RRS feed

• Question

• We are in the process of migrating from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 on multiple servers the Exchange 2003 servers are still in place

I have all the public folders set to replicate with each other, using the Exchange cmdlets I compared the item count between all my 2010 servers and all of them are in sync but 3 folders, what is even odder is that in one instance the sub-folder will replicate but not the parent.

For example: I have 2 users on 2 different Exchange 2010 servers.  User A creates a post on server A and likewise for User B.    User B's post's will sync to Server A but users A post will never replicate to server B.  On server A I see this error in the event viewer.   Event 3085  Error -1404 occurred while generating an outgoing replication message.  I have ran New-publicfolderdatabase repair request and it repaired several issues.  Still no luck.  We are on Exchange 2010 Version 14.01.0355.002

In a different example I see that Server A has 24 items in a particular folder but Server B only has 7.  So we deleted all replications to Server B let it bake for a few days and then enabled replication to server B.   We let it bake for a few more days and Server B still only has 7 items, all of them are older posts none of the new ones are appearing.

Thursday, June 21, 2012 9:07 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I thought the cause occurred when generating the public folder replication from the Exchange 2003 PF to Exchange 2010 PF.

So, the event error indicates the replication issue between the Exchange 2010 public folders.

You can try set the “default public folder” value on all Mailbox store to the same public folder DB.

Thanks,

Simon

• Marked as answer by Barrycuda72 Wednesday, June 27, 2012 1:20 PM
    Wednesday, June 27, 2012 2:29 AM

All replies

• Hello,

For public folder replication issue, you need to check the Application log on both the mailbox server. This can first narrow down the causes. If any error event indicates it is an transport issue, you can also refer to the message tracking log.

Thanks,

Simon

Friday, June 22, 2012 7:21 AM
  • per my previous post this is the only error from the application log with diagnostic logging turned up.  Event 3085  Error -1404 occurred while generating an outgoing replication message. 
    Monday, June 25, 2012 6:42 PM
  • Hello,

Check the proxyaddress for the public folder store on the Exchange Server by the following steps:

1. Open ADSIEDIT, locate: Configuration >> Services >> Microsoft Exchange >> First Orgnization >> Administrative Groups >> Servers >> EX1 >> InformaitonStore >> Storage Group >> Public Folder store.

2. Right click on the public folder store and select Properties.

3. Find the “Proxyaddress” attribute and check if there are any duplicate entries in it.

If it still does not work, run isinteg.

Thanks,

Simon

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:04 AM
  • I am in co-existance mode with Exchange 2003.  That Path you mentioned in ADSIEDIT does not correlate.  I did find something close in the following location

1. Open ADSIEDIT, locate: Configuration >> Services >> Microsoft Exchange >> First Organization >> Administrative Groups >> Databases>> Public Folders (exchange server)   I checked that there is no duplicate entries in the ProxyAddress

I thought that isinteg was replaced.   I did run New-PublicFolderDatabaseRepairRequest as mentioned in my original post

in Exchange 2010 SP1, ISInteg is no longer a standalone program.

The functionality provided by the ISInteg tool has been rolled into two new Exchange Management Shell cmdlets:

• New-MailboxRepairRequest
    • New-PublicFolderDatabaseRepairRequest

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 8:26 PM
  • Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I thought the cause occurred when generating the public folder replication from the Exchange 2003 PF to Exchange 2010 PF.

So, the event error indicates the replication issue between the Exchange 2010 public folders.

You can try set the “default public folder” value on all Mailbox store to the same public folder DB.

Thanks,

Simon

• Marked as answer by Barrycuda72 Wednesday, June 27, 2012 1:20 PM
    Wednesday, June 27, 2012 2:29 AM