none
The name cannot be matched to a name in the address list

Question

• Last two months, I create a mailbox for our new staff on our exchange server 2010. When I wanted to configure outlook for the newly created mailbox, it returned "THE NAME CANNOT BE MATCHED TO A NAME IN THE ADDRESS LIST" and ever since then the problem persist. I can't configure outlook for newly created mailbox but old mailboxes are working perfectly fine.
    Monday, March 20, 2017 12:09 PM

All replies

• Last two months, I create a mailbox for our new staff on our exchange server 2010. When I wanted to configure outlook for the newly created mailbox, it returned "THE NAME CANNOT BE MATCHED TO A NAME IN THE ADDRESS LIST" and ever since then the problem persist. I can't configure outlook for newly created mailbox but old mailboxes are working perfectly fine.

Make sure they are not hidden from the GAL.

Verify that all the services are started on the Exchange servers. Specifically the Exchange Address Book service 

Exchange 2007 reaches end of life on April 11th. What’s your plan to move?

Monday, March 20, 2017 12:27 PM
  • The mailboxes are not hidden and all the services are running as well.
    Monday, March 20, 2017 2:28 PM
  • Hi,

This issue may occur if the value of the purportedSearch attribute in the default GAL is not the correct value. Try to , use Active Directory Service Interfaces (ADSI) Edit to change the value of the purportedSearch attribute.

1.   Start ADSI Edit.
    2.   Expand the Configuration container, and then expand CN=Services/ CN=Microsoft Exchange/CN=<ExchangeOrganizationName>.
    3.   Click CN=System Policies.
    4.   In the right pane, right-click CN=Mailbox Enable User, and then click Properties.
    5.   In the Attributes list, click purportedSearch, and then click Edit.
    6.   Click Clear(back this value first), and then paste the following value in the Value box:

(|(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(mailnickname=*)(msExchHomeServerName=*))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(mailnickname=*)(homeMdb=*))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(mailnickname=*)(homeMta=*)))

7.   Click OK two times, and then close ADSI Edit.
    8.   Start the Exchange Management Shell.
    9.   Run the following command:

Update-GlobalAddressList -Identity "<distinguished name of Default GAL>"

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 10:14 AM