The clocks on the client and server machines are skewed. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi - We have DW application and today our ETL is failied with the below error.  When I restarted the job it is running fine. Please advise me how could I prevent it.  thanks

Executed as user: WKAP\AU23SVSSQL. SQL Server Network Interfaces: The clocks on the client and server machines are skewed. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 804)  OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI10" for linked server "SALESFORCE_BACKUPS" returned message "Cannot generate SSPI context". [SQLSTATE 01000] (Error 7412).  The step failed.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 4:10 AM

Answers

• Get your systems administrators involved. This has something to do with the time synchronization between the server and the domain controller. One way to validate is to check the Windows Event Log of both the domain controller and the SQL Server machine for existence of W32time error messages. To start with, you can run this command on the command prompt of your SQL Server machine and see if that works. Otherwise, escalate it to your systems administrators

w32tm /resync

Edwin Sarmiento SQL Server MVP
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

• Marked as answer by Shulei Chen Tuesday, October 9, 2012 9:53 AM
    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 4:20 AM

All replies

• Get your systems administrators involved. This has something to do with the time synchronization between the server and the domain controller. One way to validate is to check the Windows Event Log of both the domain controller and the SQL Server machine for existence of W32time error messages. To start with, you can run this command on the command prompt of your SQL Server machine and see if that works. Otherwise, escalate it to your systems administrators

w32tm /resync

Edwin Sarmiento SQL Server MVP
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

• Marked as answer by Shulei Chen Tuesday, October 9, 2012 9:53 AM
    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 4:20 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. w32tm /resync did work for me. I got this error and a Win2008R2 server with AX 2012 and SQL 2012.
    Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:15 AM