none
User in Exchange 2010 Distribution Group "Managed By" show "Object not found" RRS feed

• Question

• Dear sir,

Our customer has a question that they want to have a user who will not have any mailbox or be a mail enabled user. When he adds the user ID ITAdmin1 (who has belonged to domain admin and Enterprise admin group) to the distribution group managed by field:

Exchange EMC --> Distribution Group --> Highlight distribution group (DG1) --> Properties --> 'Group Information' Tab. In the Managed by field, click 'Add'.

Then the user ID will appear there but the Organization unit shows 'Object not found'.   Do you think it will work for ITAdmin1 to manage (DG1) ? 

Joe

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 3:32 AM

Answers

All replies

• Joe,

Its looking that you can not use member who belongs to "domain admin and Enterprise admin group". I will test it and let you know. What about if you add any other users (normal privilage user who has mailbox) into DG1 manage option Tab ?

Anil
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 3:58 AM
  • Dear Anil,

Yes. It is ok if the user who has mailbox.

Joe

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:01 AM
  • Ohh Yes, I can recall this now..

I see in exchnage 2010 there is some enhancement available for DL like approval or disapproval if someone want to add in DL self from ECP. I hope this is why you are not able to add non mailbox users in DL manager group.

Please see below article for how to set non mailbox users and update.

http://blownlightbulb.blogspot.com/2011/01/how-to-create-distribution-groups-in.html

Anil
    • Proposed as answer by Anil K Singh Wednesday, February 23, 2011 4:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by Joe Tam Wednesday, February 23, 2011 12:32 PM
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:18 AM
  •  Distribution groups are intended to be used solely as email distribution lists. These lists are for use with email applications such as Microsoft Exchange or Outlook.
     The users who without email address can't be added into Distribution groups.

• Proposed as answer by Anil K Singh Wednesday, February 23, 2011 4:56 AM
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 3:55 AM