none
Help to get a scrip which will approve specific KB from a text file to specific wsus group from a text file RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

Please Help to get a scrip which will approve specific KB from a text file to specific wsus group from a text file.

Also sent a report summary what all patches pushed and to which all groups with user name.

Thursday, June 25, 2020 8:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Rajender Bhatt,

Thanks for posting on this forum.

To approve specific updates via a script, please refer to the following commands:
    get-wsusupdate -updateid GUID | Approve-WsusUpdate -Action Install -TargetGroupName "All Computers" –Verbose

For more information, please refer to the following links:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/updateservices/approve-wsusupdate?view=win10-ps

As for the summary of the build report you mentioned, it is not yet possible for you to do so. I will continue to follow up on this issue. If there is any progress, I will inform you first.

If you have any updates about this issue, please keep us in touch.

Regards,
    Rita

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 26, 2020 6:58 AM
  • Hi Rita,

Thanks for considering this. However I need to approve updates for specific group not all computers.

So I if there is a file input for groups to add..

Also we have specific KBs for different server OS platform to approve so need to add them from a text or csv file as input

Thank you..

Friday, June 26, 2020 12:37 PM
  • Hi Rajender Bhatt,

Thanks for your response.

This command also allows you to approve updates to specific computer groups. All you need to do is change the "All Conputers" to your computer group name. 
    Here is the picture for your reference:

In addition, what is the meaning of "Also we have specific KBs for different server OS platform to approve so need to add them from a text or csv file as input"? To further analyze this issue, please consider assisting in further explanation of the meaning of this sentence.

Regards,
    Rita 

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 29, 2020 3:39 AM
  • That Means as an example, suppose we have Below KBs to approve to below set of wsus groups

KBs

KB4556813

KB4551853

KB4556846

KB4556853

KB4556840

KB4556852

KB4522412

WSUS group:-

Application server

File Server

Domain controllers

So I want to push and approve on mentioned KBs to these groups. so if possible to take both "KB updates" and "WSUS Groups" from text or CSV file as input??

Thank you

Monday, June 29, 2020 7:25 PM
  • Hi Rajender Bhatt, 

Thanks for your response.

Since I haven't used this feature before, I can not give you an exact reply. But I've retrieved the following information. I will continue to follow up on this issue. If there is any progress, I will contact you first time.

Reference link: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/ee288f47-9eb0-4280-ad97-7060a714e774/wsus-approval-using-input-file?forum=winserverwsus

Regards,
    Rita

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 8:47 AM
  • How to execute this powershell based utility? I don't see any .PS1 file. Please advise
    Wednesday, July 1, 2020 2:57 PM
  • just went through this tool and its more of individual cmdlets utility rather a full flash script to automate

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 4:19 PM
  •      

Hi Rajender Bhatt,

Thanks for your time.

I found this article not from MS may be helpful to you: Powershell script: Approve WSUS group KB list The method mentioned here is implemented by PowerShell, and the update mentioned in it is approved by importing the .txt file. 

Also, here is a link "To Approve a list of updates in a file for a specific group in WSUS using PowerShell" for your reference.

Regards,
    Rita

Thursday, July 2, 2020 10:57 AM