Task request not functioning properly. RRS feed

• Question

• <Copied from: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-outlook/task-request-not-functioning-properly/fb7fba00-e043-e011-9bac-78e7d160ad4e >

I own a copy of Outlook 2010 (I have used Outlook 2007 previously, but the same problem exists).
    My teacher owns a copy of Outlook 2007.

When they send me a task request, I just often receive an email, but there are no accept or deny buttons. It does seem to work every so often, but that seems to depend on the mood of the computer :P (I.E. I don't know why).

Account Settings for Teacher:

They have 3 email accounts (I think):

- Sending/Receiving via the School's Exchange Server
    - Sending/Receiving via Normal Email Server (sending only works while at school)
    - Sending/Receiving via Normal Email Server (sending only works while not at school)

By default, it is sending via the Exchange server (but one can change the account whilst composing the email).

Account Settings for me (and my classmates, who either run Outlook 2010 or 2007):

- not connected to the exchange server.
    Have two accounts:

-Sending/Receiving via Normal email server (sending only working whilst at school)
    -Sending/Receiving via Normal email server (sending only working whilst not at school)

I switch between these two accounts as I move locations. Receive settings is same for both accounts (they both receive everywhere).

This is an example of the email I receive:

"

Subject:
    <Subject Here>

Start
    Date:
    Thursday, 24 February 2011

Due
    Date:
    Sunday, 27 February 2011

Priority:
    High

Not Started

Percent
    Complete:
    0%

Total
    Work:
    0 hours

Actual
    Work:
    0 hours

Owner:
    <My Name Here>

<Content Removed by me>

"

It appears that whenever I send a task from my outlook, it works fine, but when my teacher sends it, it often doesn't seem to work right. How do I/what does my teacher need to do in order to make it work?

In some cases, some classmates receive the task properly, whilst others do not. Again, there appears to be no corrolation as to who or why this happens.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 7:54 AM

Answers

• Hi
       what is the version of your exchange?
       What is mail program which installing on your normal email server? (Lotus notes,exchange ,3 rd web mail like gmail ?)
       Does the exchange trust the domain of your normal email server?
       If your normal email server is not exchange server, you can't send tasks in this way. They go via email. The recipient must drag the file to the task pane and it will automatically place, but you won't get a response. Tasks are managed by the Free/Busy part of Exchange, not Outlook, which is only a client.
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 3:04 AM

All replies

• Hi
       what is the version of your exchange?
       What is mail program which installing on your normal email server? (Lotus notes,exchange ,3 rd web mail like gmail ?)
       Does the exchange trust the domain of your normal email server?
       If your normal email server is not exchange server, you can't send tasks in this way. They go via email. The recipient must drag the file to the task pane and it will automatically place, but you won't get a response. Tasks are managed by the Free/Busy part of Exchange, not Outlook, which is only a client.
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 3:04 AM
  • Hi
       Do you have anything to update ?
    Monday, March 7, 2011 1:06 AM