Windows 10 1909 Removing Windows 10 in-box apps RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

Looking for some help we have around 2k endpoints and I am struggling to remove build in apps (like weather,feedback etc.).

Already tried few scripts and usual root 

Remove-AppProvisionedPackage -AllUsers

I tried via GPOs logon script (powershell) and SCCM nothing seems to be working any idea.

Thanks

Paddy

Thursday, July 2, 2020 9:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Paddy,

We could run the following command line in PowerShell to remove weather and other applications. (We should replace contents in ** with other applications name.)

Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.BingWeather* | Remove-AppxPackage

As remove-appxpackage not accept alluser parameter, so please delete alluser in your command. Then test those commands in your test machine. 

If they works well as desired, please refer to the following article to deploy through group policy startup script.

Using Group Policy to Deploy a Windows PowerShell Logon Script

If you have any other confuse, please reply to us directly. 

Bests, 

" Please note that new questions regarding ‘Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment’ could NOT be posted in this forum anymore. This thread could be followed up until Mar-30th. We will be moving your thread to Microsoft Q&A if the deadline is missed. Register our new platform Microsoft Q&A (Preview)! for new questions or discussion. Check more details on sticky post.

• Edited by Joy-Qiao Friday, July 3, 2020 2:29 AM
    Friday, July 3, 2020 2:27 AM
  • Hello,

See if the script mentioned here helps you to remove built-in apps:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-uninstall-built-in-apps-in-windows-10

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP. 

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Friday, July 3, 2020 7:55 AM
  • It works fine with GPO. thanks for that I was applying this to Computer gpo instead of users :)

Silly me, anyway thank you once again for help.

Friday, July 3, 2020 8:46 AM
  • Thank you for your feedback. 

If you think any reply is helpful, please mark it as answer.

Bests, 

" Please note that new questions regarding ‘Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment’ could NOT be posted in this forum anymore. This thread could be followed up until Mar-30th. We will be moving your thread to Microsoft Q&A if the deadline is missed. Register our new platform Microsoft Q&A (Preview)! for new questions or discussion. Check more details on sticky post.

Friday, July 3, 2020 9:35 AM