none
exchange 2016 RRS feed

All replies

• Hi,

As per my knowledge, Exchange 2010,2013 & 2016 product key is different.

We can't use Exchange 2010 product key in Exchange 2016.

Thanks & Regards, Kumar N

Monday, April 8, 2019 8:42 AM
  • ok Can i use Exchange 2010 User Cals,for my exchange 2016.

if I buy exchange 2016 Product key.

Monday, April 8, 2019 9:34 AM
  • User CALs are only "backward coverage". Exchange 2016 CALs will cover previous versions, but not the other way around.

However, if you bought Software Assurance, then they remain valid for the current version; you would need to check with your license vendor for that information.

My Blog: http://exchangeitup.net My Twitter: http://twitter.com/ExchangeITup

Monday, April 8, 2019 3:30 PM
  • Hi Mohammed,

As Stacey stated, purchasing CALs for earlier versions of an application does not grant the right to use later versions of the application. However, purchasing CALs for later versions of applications grants the right to use earlier versions of that application. You may have a look at our official article for more details:

Client Access Licensing Overview

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 6:45 AM
  • Hi Mohammed,

Any further query here? Please don't hesitate to post back if there is anything else we can do for you.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, April 12, 2019 9:54 AM