none
I want to set auto reply message on exchange server

Question

• Hello all.

I want to set auto repley on one user account. example Carers@xyz.com i want to set some auto repley to that account, Who ever send mail to that account they should get auto replymessage.

I want to set auto repley on exchange server.

I treyed setting this on outlook client 2003 but it not worked.

can u pls help me to setup that.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 6:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Tonni,

Set Delivery Options to deliver message to both forwarding address and mailbox (checkbox right below the Forward to:)

Rgds,
    Chris.
    • Marked as answer by Jeevan.bobba Friday, April 08, 2011 9:04 AM
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 5:15 AM

All replies

• This should work with a rule configurable with Outlook.  When you say that it did not work, what rule settings did you have?

Here are some instructions (for Oultook 2000, but should also work with 2003).

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291956

Tony

www.activedir.org

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 3:35 AM
  • i followed each & every step, but it sending reply to  the  same domain user but not  to any other

let me tell u clearly

career@abcd.com is created in www.abcd.com domain suppose if i send from asdf@abcd.com im getting reply

but when i send from  lkj@gmail.com to career@abcd.com  im not getting reply

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 7:47 AM
  • i followed each & every step, but it sending reply to  the  same domain user but not  to any other

let me tell u clearly

career@abcd.com is created in www.abcd.com domain suppose if i send from asdf@abcd.com im getting reply

but when i send from  lkj@gmail.com to career@abcd.com  im not getting reply

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 7:48 AM
  • That will be because automatic replies to the Internet are disabled in your Global Settings:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/266166

Tony

www.activedir.org

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 9:49 AM
  • Configure Outlook 2007 for the account that you want to use Auto-Reply feature on.  In Outlook client go to Tools, Rules and Alerts.  Click on New Rule, under Start from blank rule choose Check messages when they arrive and hit Next.  Choose what you need in there and hit Next again.  Choose have server reply using a specific message and click on a specific message link.  Type in desired subject and message.  Hit Finish and you are set to go. 

Note: We have Exchange 2007 SP1, have not tested it on Exchange 2003.

• Proposed as answer by Luke Maslany Friday, July 03, 2009 10:07 AM
    Wednesday, August 20, 2008 4:33 PM
  • We have a rule setup exactly as described in Anatoliy's post in Ex2007 SP1 and it doesn't work. We just converted from GroupWise.

A client-only rule works but not the server rule. We are choosing subject line contains a certain word. Any ideas?

Friday, August 22, 2008 12:29 PM
  • Did you check Event Log?  Try creating a brand-new account in EX07.  Could have been something with conversion.  Then, if it works match two accounts, converted from GroupWise and created in EX07.  Or call Microsoft.  I think it's $240.00 per incident.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 4:31 AM
  • Anatoliy Gontar's suggestion works fine on our Exchange 2007 SP1 set using Outlook 2007.  Just be sure to avoid conditional logic that requires that the rule be client-side rather than a server-side rule.

Friday, July 03, 2009 10:11 AM
  • Hi everybody.

I have a twist to the question.

We have a former employee, whom we cannot delete, but have on our 2003 Exchange server, set Delivery options to Forward to.... another user.

This works fine, but it means the autoreply set up in the user's mail account, doesn't work, as the mail doesn't get that far, but gets Forwarded prior to reaching the mailbox.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Tonni

• Unmarked as answer by Jeevan.bobba Thursday, June 20, 2013 5:06 PM
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 10:35 AM
  • Hi Tonni,

Set Delivery Options to deliver message to both forwarding address and mailbox (checkbox right below the Forward to:)

Rgds,
    Chris.
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 5:15 AM
  • I suggest to have a look at the article about setting up Autoresponders on MS Exchange Server.

• Unmarked as answer by Jeevan.bobba Thursday, June 20, 2013 5:06 PM
    Monday, March 07, 2011 12:23 PM
  • That's about buying a third-party product to setup Autoresponders in Exchange.

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 4:05 PM
  • This way though,

It costs money.

Anyway to do it for free ? 

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 1:17 PM