Packaging of SQL Server Installation in VM for Users RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We need to Package SQL Server Installation in VM so that It can be distributed for other Users with Application.

Do anyone know any Method or steps so That We can package Installation of VM So that It will not install from scratch when we distribute VMs to Users and It only ask for Instance name and some basic things.

Thanks,

Thanks , Prakash ,Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Friday, July 10, 2020 2:17 PM

All replies

• Hi p.th,

From your description, did you want to install multiple SQL Server instances with the same settings? If I misunderstood, please let me know.  

You can using SQL server configuration file to achieve this goal, please follow the steps from below links.

Install SQL Server from Configuration File with Installation Center

Install SQL Server using a configuration file

Best regards,
    Cathy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, July 13, 2020 7:29 AM
  • Hi p.th,

Any update? If the reply could help you, please kindly mark the useful reply as answer.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    In addition, if you have another questions, please feel free to ask.
    Thanks for your contribution.

Best regards,
    Cathy 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 6:04 AM