Problem with adding my Gmail RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to add my Gmail account to my Windows Live Mail.  Every time I try to download my folders and such I get a pop up that says "The server has rejected your login.  Please verify that your user name and password are correct."  I have done this repeatedly and it still won't download.  It says validation failed, invalid credentials.  How do I fix this so it can download and receive mail?
    Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:15 PM

All replies

• This forum is for Exchange Server 2003 and 2007.  I recommend that you post this in the outlook.com / live.com / Hotmail Forum:  http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum?auth=1

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Friday, September 22, 2017 12:58 AM
  • Hi hlynne,

Before posting in other forums, you can refer to the following article and try to re-add the Gail account to Windows Live Mail again:

Add Your Gmail Account to Windows Live Mail

Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. And the changes made in the above blog is not supported officially by Microsoft.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 22, 2017 1:56 AM