none
Windows 10 - Quick Access not working after Windows Updates. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We've recently had to check and install updates on a Windows Pro PC. 

Following that, user is reporting that her Quick Access is no longer working.  I've checked and opened several files, but they are not listing in the Quick Access folder.

Action I've taken so far:

- View | Options | Change folder and Search Options
    - General | Privacy | Unchecked "Show recently used..." and "Show frequently used folders..."
    - Saved.  Changed again checking these options. 

In registry, deleted: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Ribbon

Any suggestion? 

Thanks,

Rudy

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 5:41 PM

Answers

• Open File Explorer and paste the following folder paths in the address bar and hit Enter to open Windows 10 Quick Access file locations:

%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations
    %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations

Once the folder is opened, press Ctrl+A to select all its contents. Now, right-click and select Delete, to delete all the files in the folder.

Reboot.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 12:04 AM
  • Hi

Here are two methods:

Method 1: Removing the contents of AutomaticDestinations and CustomDestination;

Method 2: Clearing Privacy Options.

More details please refer to the following link:

Fix: Quick Access Menu Not Working on Windows 10

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. This is just for your convenience. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Hope can help you.

Best regards

Kiki Shi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 8:22 AM

All replies

• Open File Explorer and paste the following folder paths in the address bar and hit Enter to open Windows 10 Quick Access file locations:

%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations
    %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations

Once the folder is opened, press Ctrl+A to select all its contents. Now, right-click and select Delete, to delete all the files in the folder.

Reboot.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 12:04 AM
  • Hi

Here are two methods:

Method 1: Removing the contents of AutomaticDestinations and CustomDestination;

Method 2: Clearing Privacy Options.

More details please refer to the following link:

Fix: Quick Access Menu Not Working on Windows 10

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. This is just for your convenience. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Hope can help you.

Best regards

Kiki Shi

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 8:22 AM
  • Hi

Would you mind letting me know the update of the problem? If you have any questions, please feel free to reach me out.

Best regards,

Kiki Shi

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 7:45 AM
  • Hello everyone - thank you for the input. 

Some of this helped, but we saw so many odd issues, we felt like it was a corrupt Windows profile, and we ended up rebuilding the profile, which addressed this and other issues.

Thank you again.

Rudy

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 6:39 PM
  • Hi,

I am very glad to hear that this problem has been solved. Thank you for sharing. We are very grateful for your time and effort. I hope that your experience can help other community members who face the same problem.

Have a nice day^_^

Best regards,

Kiki Shi

Friday, October 4, 2019 3:15 AM