none
Exchange 2010 disable online archive lost mail

Question

• A user used a mailbox with online archive feature. One day, someone disable the online archive from this user. Next day, i enable the online archive again but the items of online archive were gone. How to restore the lost items and prevent this issue when disable and enable online archive? Thanks!
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 3:15 AM

Answers

• Hi Gorden:

If you disable the personal archive, all information in the archive will be kept in the mailbox database until the default time passes and the personal archive is permanently deleted. (By default, Exchange keeps all messages for 30 days.) If you want to reconnect the personal archive to that mailbox, you can use the Connect-Mailbox cmdlet with the Archive parameter.
    How to Connect a Disconnected Personal Archive
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee633490.aspx

• Marked as answer by Gordon Bower Thursday, February 24, 2011 2:18 AM
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 6:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Gorden:

If you disable the personal archive, all information in the archive will be kept in the mailbox database until the default time passes and the personal archive is permanently deleted. (By default, Exchange keeps all messages for 30 days.) If you want to reconnect the personal archive to that mailbox, you can use the Connect-Mailbox cmdlet with the Archive parameter.
    How to Connect a Disconnected Personal Archive
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee633490.aspx

• Marked as answer by Gordon Bower Thursday, February 24, 2011 2:18 AM
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 6:39 AM
  • Agree with Yu...the mails are in the Archive Mailbox only, follow the article and you should get it back.

Cheers,

Gulab | MCTS-MCITP: 2010 | MCTS-MCITP: 2007 | MCC | Skype: Gulab.Mallah
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 6:42 AM
  • Thanks! It's work.
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 2:36 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for high-jacking this thread also knowing this is couple year old.

My situation is almost similar.

I have disabled the online archive for the user, but i want to connect it back to his mailbox rather than re-enabling the archive.

I have reconnected the mailbox (disabled online archive) but it just enabled back the archive.

I hope this makes sense for you.

Cheers

Elton

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 2:51 PM