none
Emails return to InBox after they have been deleted

Question

• I have a user that will delete emails from her inbox and then a day or two later these emails will return.  Is there a setting in Outlook 2007 or Exchange 2003 SP2 that i am missing?
    Monday, September 15, 2008 4:54 PM

All replies

• Is her mailbox set up as POP3 or IMAP?

If it is IMAP she has to Purge the inbox after the messages are deleted. The option to do this is in the Edit drop down menu in OL2003. Hopefully in a similiar location for OL2007.

Monday, September 15, 2008 8:59 PM
  • Hi,

Did several users have this issue or just only the current user?

Whether the Outlook 2007 was connected via POP3 or IMAP?

If it is MAPI client, please use MFCMAPI tool to verify the email is deleted indeed.

1, Download MFCMAPI using the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=55fdffd7-1878-4637-9808-1e21abb3ae37&DisplayLang=en

2, Launch MFCMAPI tool on the user’s client.

3, Go to Session -> Logon and Display Store Table

4, Select the outlook profile of the user and double-click “Mailbox - your user name”

5, Expand "Root Container"

6, Expand "Top of Information Store"

Note: if the user has configured the outlook profile to use cached mode, we need to expand “IPM_subtree” under root container

7, Select on "Inbox", double click to open it

8, Find the messages, if stay there, please right click it and delete it.

9, Then please select “permanent deletion (deletes to deleted item retention if supported)” and click OK.

10, Close MFCMAPI dialog boxes, and click Session -> Logoff in the MFCMAPI main window. Close MFCMAPI main window.

Thanks

Allen
    Wednesday, September 17, 2008 6:36 AM
  •  

I have a user that will delete emails from her inbox and then a day or two later these emails will return.  Is there a setting in Outlook 2007 or Exchange 2003 SP2 that i am missing

PLEAS

I want to return the Email deleted from 1 - 1 - 2007

Monday, October 27, 2008 1:53 AM
  • Emails return to InBox after they have been deleted

plz frome 1 - 1 -2007

Monday, October 27, 2008 1:57 AM