none
e-Discovery - Export Credential - Exchange 2013 on premise RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to export a in-Place eDiscovery & Hold search. I select export to .pst, it allows me to select a save location then it repeatedly prompts me for a user name and password. I have full exchange access, what credential is it looking for?

My user is a member of "Discovery Management" 

• Edited by BrueNET Monday, July 8, 2019 4:29 PM
    Monday, July 8, 2019 4:25 PM

Answers

• Logging directly into the mail database server then accessed ecp and it worked fine.
    • Marked as answer by BrueNET Tuesday, July 9, 2019 6:01 PM
    • Edited by BrueNET Tuesday, July 9, 2019 6:01 PM
    Tuesday, July 9, 2019 6:01 PM

All replies

• Probably asking for your Exchange creds, but if that doesn't work, you can try the creds for the location you're saving to.
    Monday, July 8, 2019 4:31 PM
  • I have full exchange permissions, and I am using my domain admin account. I have permissions to the save location.
    Monday, July 8, 2019 5:08 PM
  • Hi,

Did you log in the Windows server with that domain admin account?

The wrong Windows credentials may be saved in the Credential Manager. Try to clear all saved credentials in Credential Manager from Control Panel, and export the result again. 

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 2:57 AM
  • Logging directly into the mail database server then accessed ecp and it worked fine.
    • Marked as answer by BrueNET Tuesday, July 9, 2019 6:01 PM
    • Edited by BrueNET Tuesday, July 9, 2019 6:01 PM
    Tuesday, July 9, 2019 6:01 PM