none
OWA Signature Length

Question

• Am using Outlook Web App on Exchange 2010. Try to increase text to E-Mail Signature and get the error "the text you typed is too long".

Is there a way to increase the size of the signature. I can not use a transport rule, as other users are using Outlook and have added the signature successfully.

Friday, June 04, 2010 11:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• The maximum Html + text signature size is 8kb, and as far as i know this can not be altered in Exchange 2010.

Martin Sundström | Microsoft Certified Trainer | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator | http://msundis.wordpress.com
    Friday, June 04, 2010 11:34 AM
  • Yes.

Thank you for your sharing!

You also could configure a Disclaimer for this user in server.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd876914.aspx

Thanks.

Your expertise never fails to impress :)
    Tuesday, June 08, 2010 3:31 AM
  • Hello folks,

i just had the same problem. But i found out why it happened.

so the Problem is that the user is not able to add enough Charackters in the Signature Field inside the OWA Signature editor. The Point is the editor is saving this "TEXT" as HTML Text which means you have a lot more charackters in the invisible background which you never see.

As second the editor is not giving you a clue that the Text is just html text but it makes sense as MS is sending almost everything as HTML or RTF (usual Outlook Problems).

So now how to workaround this problem and get it halfways solved.

1. Open the Microsoft Notepad in Windows.

2. Write your Signature or copy&paste it out of your Outlook Client Signature (with or without Disclaimer)

3. Copy and Paste the Signature from Notepad to the Signature Field in the OWA.

4. Save it.

OWA Definitions for Signature (Limitations)

OWA Editor written ones can have only ~500 Charackters

MS Notepad written ones and copied can have up to ~3500 Charackters. (they are SAVED AS ANSI Text)

Have fun sending your Emails.

Best Regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Cordialement,

Martin Herbert

Thursday, March 07, 2013 10:30 AM