change linked domain controller linked mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• How can I change the linked domain controller for the accounts forest I used when settting up a linked mailbox.  I wan to remove the orignal domain contoller and I have a different domain controller in the accounts forest to use.

What can I do here?  Thanks.

Sunday, April 3, 2011 9:34 PM

All replies

• Hi
       If I misunderstand your meaning, please let me know .

On the Master Account page, complete the following fields:

• Trusted forest or domain   Click Browse to open the Select Trusted Forest or Domain dialog box. Use this dialog box to select the forest or domain that contains the master account, and then click OK. This enables the Browse button for the Linked domain controller field.
    • Use the following Windows user account to access linked domain controller   To access the domain controller in the trusted forest or domain, you can use credentials other than the ones with which you are currently logged on. If you want to specify a different user account, select this check box, and then use the User name and Password boxes to type your credentials.
    • Linked domain controller   Click Browse to open the Select Domain Controller dialog box. Use this dialog box to select the linked domain controller that you want to use, and then click OK. Selecting a valid linked domain controller enables the Browse button for the Linked master account field.
    • Linked master account   Click Browse to open the Select Master Account dialog box. Use this dialog box to select the user account that you want to use as the master account for the linked mailbox, and then click OK.
    You can read this article. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123524.aspx
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 2:35 AM
  •  

I think you misunderstood me.  I have already created the linked account to access a mailbox.  However the domain controller I used in the link domain I don't want to use anymore.. How can I set a different linked domain controller for htis account\mailbox without causing any problems with my current account\mailbox?

Friday, April 8, 2011 2:44 AM
  • Hi
      I never do the test of link-account. So I don’t know whether it is correct.
      Set-Mailbox –Database “databasename” –Name “username” –LinkedDomainController “DCname ”
    -LinkedMasterAccount domain\name

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, April 11, 2011 9:55 AM
  •  

It shouldn't matter which linked domain controller you use to link to the accounts domain if you have multiple domain controllers and one domain controllers goes down the account shuld still be able to authenticate using different domain controller on accounts domain, correct?

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 3:42 PM