none
Email account created successfully, but still get address not found.

Question

• In exchange 2010 I have created a new email address successfully, successfully added the address to my barracuda cloud. But when I send an email to it I get- 

Address not found

Your message wasn't delivered to blank@blank.com because the address couldn't be found. Check for typos or unnecessary spaces and try again.

I have created other addresses and they are working, but it seems that when I try that specific address I get that error after being able to create it. Any suggestions?

Thursday, March 16, 2017 3:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you send messages internally to the address?

Any illegal characters in the address space?

You need to check if the address on barracuda is same as the address in AD. Check if you've typed correctly.

Please run the command get-mailbox <name> | fl against this mailbox and a normal mailbox and do a confrontation about them.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 17, 2017 4:05 AM
  • Does the mailbox which was created by appears on GAL ?

Check if the object is found on your address list!

Can you run the command Get-Recipient Blank@blank.com | fl and paste the output

Pavan Maganti ~ ( Exchange | 2003/2007/2010/E15(2013)) ~~ Please remember to click “Vote As Helpful&quot; if it really helps and &quot;Mark as Answer” if it answers your question, “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. ~~ This Information is provided is &quot;AS IS&quot; and confers NO Rights!!

Monday, March 20, 2017 2:30 PM
  • Hi,

I haven't heard back from you yet, and I'm just writing to see if you have had an opportunity to try the suggestions I provided. If it helps please help to mark as answer.

If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post to our forum.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 24, 2017 9:37 AM