WinServer2019 RDS Cluster Setup RRS feed

• Question

• We currently have a pair of Windows Server 2016 servers in a cluster and are looking to set up a new pair of servers with Windows Server 2019. Once the 2019 servers are setup in high availability cluster line the 2016 servers we will migrate the VMs over.

Problem here is that my notes and sample web sites on how to set up an RDS HA cluster are missing. And when I search the web for this info I can find a plethora of information on how to simply set up a single RDS server but not much on how to set up HA/Cluster.

Can anyone point me in a direction to install this setup? I'll even take the 2016 version as I don't imaging it's all that different.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 7:06 PM

All replies

• The RDS roles can be configured in HA.  Depending the RDS role, the HA setup is different.

This is a good start

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-desktop-services/rds-plan-high-availability

hth

This posting is provided AS IS without warranty of any kind

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 7:37 PM
  • HI
    1.what's your rds deployment for w2016 ?
    2.did you only want to install RDSH HA ?
    3.can you detail explain your w2019 rds deployment plan ?
    for expamle:
    vm1 : installed both RDConnection broker role and RDSession host role,
    vm2 : installed both RDConnection broker role and RDSession host role,

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 9, 2020 9:28 AM
  • HI
    Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 12:02 AM
  • HI

Is there anything to help you?

This "Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services)" Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky postfor more details.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

"Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services)" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services)"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Thursday, July 23, 2020 2:06 PM