Windows Mobile Device Center RRS feed

• Question

• Helllo everyone

i am currently using mobile devices running windows CE.

I am using MS active sync on windows xp and i want to be able to install the new version of this applcation (Windows mobile device center) on my windows server 2012 r2 file server or on a windows 8.1  VM.

Is there a way to install this app on windows server 2012 r2, or  to install it on win 8.1 vm??

The problem is when i tried to connect the device to the win 8.1 VM using the hyper-v Generation 2 enhanced session feature , hyper-v did not do the USB redirection because i think the application must be installed first on the physical server so i can use this feature.

So is there a solution to this problem or i am stuck on installing this application on a dedicated win 8.1 physical box?? (Which is a waste of resources !)

Thank you.

Monday, March 23, 2015 12:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems that there is no update version of Mobile Device Center for Windows 8.1/2012r2.

The lastest version i have found that is for Windows Vista:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3182

Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by Mr XMVP Thursday, March 26, 2015 9:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Vivian_Wang Thursday, April 2, 2015 7:05 AM
    Thursday, March 26, 2015 8:45 AM