none
Need to sync only top-level contact folder with Android phone

Question

• Exchange 2007, Outlook 2010, Motorola Atrix. I have a top-level Contacts folder with the business and personal contacts I want to sync. Beneath that, I have two very large Contact lists that are shared among many other users in the company. They have custom fields and form associated with them.

When I sync my phone with my Exchange account, it syncs ALL of the contact folders and seems to do the subfolders first. The phone can apparently only handle about 4500 contacts and it never gets to the top-level list that I actually need. So all i have is the unwanted contacts and not the necessary ones.

Is there a way to omit certain contact folders from synchronization?

Saturday, March 19, 2011 3:16 PM

Answers

• You can only synchronize your default calendar folder, contact folder, and tasks folder

---------Refer to <Exchange ActiveSync: Frequently Asked Questions>

As I know, you can only synchronize the default contact folder. If you are able to synchronize the subfolder under the default contact folder, it should be accomplished by the development of the device manufacturer. Please use the “ATRIX™ 4G with MOTOBLUR™ (U.S.)” forum where would be the best place for seeking the resolution

James Luo

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com  

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Alan.Gim Thursday, March 24, 2011 2:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alan.Gim Saturday, March 26, 2011 1:16 AM
    Monday, March 21, 2011 6:40 AM