Couldn't inventory some devices - Storage Migration Serice / Partially Succeeded RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

While doing inventory for file server i am getting the following error .

Error : 36947

State: PartiallySucceeded

Event id: 2515

Is there a way i can verify the the failed folders from Inventory logs.

Could you please assist me.

• Edited by Baijumon Thursday, July 2, 2020 4:49 PM
    Thursday, July 2, 2020 4:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The Storage Migration Service contains event logs for the Orchestrator service and the Proxy Service. The Orchestrator server always contains both event logs, and destination servers with the proxy service installed contain the proxy logs. These logs are located under:

Application and Services Logs \ Microsoft \ Windows \ StorageMigrationService

Application and Services Logs \ Microsoft \ Windows \ StorageMigrationService-Proxy

And I found the Microsoft Sysinternals tool AccessEnum that let us scan the shared drive and find the folder that was locked down. I am not sure whether it is useful.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/accessenum

Best Regards,

Daniel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact

Friday, July 3, 2020 3:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The Storage Migration Service contains event logs for the Orchestrator service and the Proxy Service. The Orchestrator server always contains both event logs, and destination servers with the proxy service installed contain the proxy logs. These logs are located under:

Application and Services Logs \ Microsoft \ Windows \ StorageMigrationService-Proxy

And I found the Microsoft Sysinternals tool AccessEnum that let us scan the shared drive and find the folder that was locked down. I am not sure whether it is useful.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/accessenum

Best Regards,

Daniel

Friday, July 3, 2020 3:22 AM
  • Thank you Daniel.

I tried the following logs , however i check again and tool AccessEnum as well.

Regards,

Baiju

Friday, July 3, 2020 10:46 AM
  • Good luck!

Monday, July 6, 2020 1:56 AM
  • Hi,

If my reply is helpful, please help to mark it as an answer so that other users in the forum can find here quickly.

If there is anything else you need, please feel free to contact us.

Really appreciated your understanding!

Best Regards,

Daniel

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 6:44 AM
  • Hi Daniel,

Thank you

I have verified the logs again and could not provide the information as which were folders failed from large number of folders.

For Examples ,  Out of 7523 folders 10 folders failed to do inventory,and logs did not tell us which are those 10 folders.

However, i am looking for other alternatives to identify failed folders from Inventory.

Regards,

Baiju

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 12:04 PM
  • Thank you Daniel .

I was able to figure out few folders permission issue by using "AccessEnumtool. 

And  few more folders permission issues needs to find out.

Once again,Thank you.

Regards,

Baiju

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 4:37 PM
  • You're welcome!

Thursday, July 9, 2020 5:15 AM