SCCM 1910 Clients from device collection do not get application in Software Center RRS feed

• Question

• After my updates to 1910 and rollup hotfix I started to have complaints from user not seeing particular deployed applications. 

These applications are distributed to Device Collections based on computer group membership in AD.

I could not get that application visible in Software Center. Refreshed client trough control panel forced inventory the usual way did not work. reinstalled client, no solution. The device collection contains the correct PC's

As soon as I added a Test User collection is suddenly appeared, and when removing that User collection it disappears again.

What's going on here?. I digged trough a large set of local logfiles on the clients but no messages that could lead me to a solution.

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 2:05 PM

All replies

• How are the apps deploy to the users? Can you confirm that they actually are within the collection and not inactive? 

Garth Jones

Blog: https://www.enhansoft.com/blog Old Blog: https://sccmug.ca/

Twitter: @GarthMJ Book: System Center Configuration Manager Reporting Unleashed

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 2:53 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting in TechNet.

1. Could we try to check whether the deployment of the device collection is active or not on our SCCM console?
    Here is a helpful image to refer to:

2. We may need to check CAS.log and the AppIntentEval.log on the client to see if there is any related application errors on it.
    We could also check the dismgr.log to see whether there is any errors  during the application deployment on our site server or not.
    For our better understanding, please refer to this article:
    https://configgirl.com/2018/11/10/sccm-application-installation-workflow/

3. Here is an article about deploying the application through SCCM.
    https://www.prajwaldesai.com/deploying-applications-using-sccm-2012/

I hope this could help you. Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
    Fiona Yan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by fionay Wednesday, July 29, 2020 7:57 AM
    Wednesday, July 29, 2020 7:55 AM
  • Hi Marcel A. Bernards,

Hope everything goes well.

May we know the current status of the question? If there is any other assistance we can provide, please feel free to let us know, we will do our best to help you.

Best regards,
    Fiona Yan

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by fionay Monday, August 3, 2020 5:48 AM
    Monday, August 3, 2020 5:48 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if there is any update. We haven't heard from you for a few days and would like to know the current status of the problem. Is the problem solved? Do you need any further assistance? Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
    Fiona Yan

Wednesday, August 5, 2020 6:11 AM
  • Been busy, overloaded sysadmin :-}

Still digging into this. I'm pretty sure this has something to do with out update from 1806 to 1910. These application deployments to Device collections used to run pretty well until now. I did some slight textual modification to the application properties and that caused to increase the version number and after a while it seems to reappear. We have about 10 of those Device Collection installation targets which seems to suffer from this. 1910 seems to heave an new option to do administrator approvals within the console but I have not tested that feature yet.

The checks and logfiles as described seems to indicate that the computers involved does show the correct Deployments when opening the PC properties deployments tab. But the appid does not show up. even after triggering the usual inventory SCCM client control panel pushes. 

On another computer the user closed down the laptop during an installation, but maybe that can be rerun trough the installation status tab on the failed install. I need to check that with the user today.

so, its still unclear to me what the real trigger is for re-enabling this for current application deployments.

Monday, August 10, 2020 11:04 AM
  • Hi Marcel A. Bernards,

Thanks for posting in TechNet.

Could we check the policy agent.log on our client? When this policy is received, the following entry is logged in policy agent.log:

I really hope this could help you. Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
    Fiona Yan

Friday, August 14, 2020 9:26 AM