none
Change URL RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How can we change the remote desktop web access URL in Windows 2016 so that the applications can work from the internet. We have already installed a third party certificate. When we are trying to use the below command

"Set-RDPublishedName "remote.ourdomain.com"

It says "The RD Connection Broker server is not configured for high availability".

We don't want to use HA now.

Thanks.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

"In Server 2012, you may change the published FQDN by enabling High Availability mode for RD Connection Broker.  You do not need to have additional RD Connection Broker servers to enable HA.  You may install SQL Express directly on the broker, enable HA, and enter the external FQDN that you need to use.  It is critical to enter the correct external FQDN because once HA is enabled you may not change the name via supported methods like Server Manager or PowerShell.

In addition to enabling HA it is possible to change the name via SQL Stored Procedure and then refreshing the deployment settings, however, this method is likely to not be supported.  I will be making instructions available for both methods in the future."  ---- Quoted from TP.

Refence link:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/es-ES/67dfab70-7e10-4e0b-a3c8-63ce776f2355/how-do-i-change-the-url-to-the-remote-web-access-server-in-windows-server-2012?forum=winserverTS

Hope this would be helpful.

Thanks,

Jenny

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 21, 2019 2:46 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update? Have you got a chance to verify above suggestions?

Please feel free to let us know if more assistance needed.

Thanks,

Jenny

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 3:02 AM
  • No i don't want to install SQL Express on RDP Server. I also have a hardware load balancer which i need to install and use for RDP Load Balancing between two Servers. I have no issue installing a third server as broker but do i still need it if i have hardware load balancer?

Thanks.

Friday, November 29, 2019 5:36 PM
  • Hi,

What is the history of this broker server?  Did you have it installed previously, remove RD role services, re-install RDS, reconfigure, etc.?  Did you ever set the database connection string?  The reason I ask is the script checks for DatabaseConnectionString property in order to see if the deployment is in HA mode.  For non-HA environments this property should not be present.

From your description it seems the script is wrongly thinking the server is in HA mode which is why you are seeing the error message.  This is the first time anyone has reported this happening as far as I'm aware of.  What you could do is edit the script with notepad and add the following line below the line that starts with $OldClientAccessName:

$BrokerInHAMode = $False

Save the file and try running the script again.

-TP

Friday, November 29, 2019 6:02 PM