none
Blocking spam sender with Exchange 2010

Question

• Is it possible to block spam sender but they should think that email address not exist or similar to prevent further attacks. Ive checked Transport Rules but could not understand how to do that.
    Regards
    Tuesday, February 09, 2010 8:43 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I assume from your story that you don't have an Edge server in place ? You could use the anti-spam agents located on the Hub Transport to prevend this kind of spam. You can create a block list with specific IP-adresses or just create a content filter which blocks mail from the specific e-mail address. Another recommendation is to have a look at the RBL which is a list published by several websites which contain IP addresses of known spammers.

For a detailed description of the anti-spam agents have a look at this website:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997658.aspx

Regards,

Johan
    Exchange-blog: www.johanveldhuis.nl
    Tuesday, February 09, 2010 9:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I assume from your story that you don't have an Edge server in place ? You could use the anti-spam agents located on the Hub Transport to prevend this kind of spam. You can create a block list with specific IP-adresses or just create a content filter which blocks mail from the specific e-mail address. Another recommendation is to have a look at the RBL which is a list published by several websites which contain IP addresses of known spammers.

For a detailed description of the anti-spam agents have a look at this website:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997658.aspx

Regards,

Johan
    Exchange-blog: www.johanveldhuis.nl
    Tuesday, February 09, 2010 9:21 PM
  • Hi Johan

i just wanna know i have the similar problem is there a way for me to put in just @fabian.co.za

so that it can block all the mails from that adress, or must i put in the complete adress.

it would be easier for me because im getting alot of spam so it takes time to add the adress in 1 by 1.

pls if you can help or anyone.

im running Exchange 2010

thank you

• Edited by (Morras) Wednesday, May 29, 2013 8:23 AM spelling
    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 8:02 AM