none
logon failure: unknown user name or bad password

Question

• Hi all.

Today I tried to access the management console and when I try to expand the organization, the following message appears in the right pane:

Initialization failed.

The following error ocurred when searching for OnPremises Exchange Server:

[servername.domain] Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message : Logon failure: unknown username or bad password. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic. It was running the command 'Discover -ExchangeServer -UseWIA $true -SuppressError $true

I have two sites, in site A I have this problem, in Site B I can see the organization without any problem.

I have already restarted the server.

Any idea about this?

Thanks.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 4:50 PM

All replies

• Hi

If it is a testing environment and if Domain controller and Exchange server 2010 are in same machine, you will get this error. If the situation is different, check whether exchange server related services are running properly and any critical event logs.

Raj

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 6:44 PM
  • This is not testing environment, Exchange 2010 and AD is not in the same machine. There are no critical event logs. Only the message that appears when I start Exchange 2010 management console.

Regards,

Fernando

Friday, May 21, 2010 2:51 PM