none
An error occured on database "" Function name or description problem: EcGenerateNRN Error: 0x80004005 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. Recently we faced with this error

We have 2 MBX server in DAG and one CAS+HUB server, and one standalone MBX server Exchange 2010 sp3RU2 

On DAG servers and standalone server recently we see this error: An error occured on database "" Function name or description problem: EcGenerateNRN Error: 0x80004005

NRN is nonreadnotification as i know 

All i googled is link to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899393 which is pretty old.

Please help resolve this issue.

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 8:38 AM

Answers

• Hi Steve,

I have seen the same case before, it is due to the Non-Read Notifications are erroring out when the message is deleted without being read.  This error can be safely ignored as long as it displays.

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by stevemaystr Friday, June 3, 2016 9:32 AM
    Thursday, June 2, 2016 8:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Steve,

I have seen the same case before, it is due to the Non-Read Notifications are erroring out when the message is deleted without being read.  This error can be safely ignored as long as it displays.

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by stevemaystr Friday, June 3, 2016 9:32 AM
    Thursday, June 2, 2016 8:23 AM
  • Thanks Niko!
    Friday, June 3, 2016 9:32 AM
  • What are the permissions on the computer objects as mentioned in that KB, was that changed from the defaults?

Cheers,

Rhoderick

Microsoft Senior Exchange PFE

Blog: http://blogs.technet.com/rmilne  Twitter:   LinkedIn:   Facebook:   XING:

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Friday, June 3, 2016 1:30 PM