none
Search Scope on Content Types

Question

• Hi,

Just a quick question, to have a search scope on a specific content Type should that content type be a "Site Collection Content Type" or it could be a "Site Content Type"?

Thanks,

• Edited by pmsp Wednesday, August 08, 2012 11:24 AM
    Wednesday, August 08, 2012 11:21 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You can create the scope based upon the content type as shown below.

First you need to create the Metadata property and bind the content type with the property , then you need to create the scope and use this metadata property in the scope.

Go to central admin ->  General application settings - > Farm Search administrator->Search service application -> Click on the Metadata Properties

once click on OK wait for the scope to be created.

Once the scope is created then click on Index reset from the left panel and click on full crawl.

So items will appear for your scope and you can use this scope in the search webpart.

Hope this will help to you.

Hiren Patel | Please click "Propose As Answer" if this post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if this post has been useful to you.

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 11:50 AM
  • Hi patel,

Thanks for your reply, my question is about the possibility of having search scope on a specific content type which is scoped as "site Content Type". I want to know is it possible to have search scope on "Site Content Type" (Not site colllection ones)?

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 11:49 PM
  • Yes,

You can perform search based on specific content type.

as i mentioned , i have created the scope for the specific content type , and used that content type in the scope,and u can used this scope to the search core result webpart property.and perform search based on specific content type.

Hiren Patel | Please click "Propose As Answer" if this post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if this post has been useful to you.

Thursday, August 09, 2012 4:17 AM