none
Event ID 2090 MSExchangeRepl

Question

• I would like to get some opinions/suggestions  about the following issue.

We have Exchange 2010 SP1 with RU3, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, three serves in DAG(two within LAN-Quality bandwith, 1 across the WAN).

HU/CAS NLB on separate servers. All Exchange roles are installed with SCOM 2007 R2 agent. SCOM RMS itself is running without Cumulative Update 4.There is no Cumulative Updates installed whatsoever.It is just SCOM 2007 R2 SP1 only.

Now, what happens is that DB copies mounted as healty on  MBX02 role located within Site automatically switches over to MBX01 without any network failure and hardware failure. On MBX01 Server, it registers EventID 2090. I cant understand why it switches over to MBX01.Then they never shift back to MBX02. I manually shift them to MBX02 to distribute load evenly on both servers.

When I view other event ids trailing event ID 2090 in App Event Log, there are event ID 118, 2137 and 3154. I have dismounted a Exchange default databases which are not part of DAG. Event then it registers Event ID 3154.

Is it SCOM agent that performs automatic switchover/failover to MBX01 server or any other thing.?

Sunday, July 31, 2011 12:58 PM

All replies

• Nope, SCOM only reports. The only thing it does on Exchange is run testing scripts.

If the mailbox is failing over to another server then Exchcange is detecting a problem and doing the failover. Can you post the complete errors when this happens?

Also, check test-replicationhealth on the server node and get-mailboxdatabasecopystatus and test-servicehealth.

Also, look in the Failover Cluster Manager under the alerts and see if anything is recorded there when this happens.

Sunday, July 31, 2011 2:12 PM
  • running command test-replicationhealth on MBX01 located at site 1 gives following error,

Quorum resource 'Cluster Group' is not online on server 'MBX01'. Database availability group 'XXXDAG' might not be reachable or may have lost r
    edundancy. Error:
            IPv4 Static Address 1 (Cluster Group): Offline
            File Share Witness (\\XXXdrhubcas01.domain.com\XXXDAG.domain.com): Offline
     is offline. Please verify that the Cluster service is running on the server.

"XXXdrhubcas01" is installed with CAS/HUB role and located across WAN. It hosts FSW for cluster node XXX148MBX01 located in same site2. At present, cluster is showing Node and File Share Majority.There no cluster events in Cluster Manager Console in Site1 containing MBX01, MBX02 servers.

Sunday, July 31, 2011 7:35 PM
  • Hi,

Regarding to your problem I have some suggestions:

1 I found the same error in other's exchange server, and its root cause is failed FSW resource. Maybe yours is different but some other resources.  So my first suggestion is that run the command below to check the status of core cluster resources:

Cluster . Res

Then put the information here.

2 Could you please provide some other information like Andy asked?

Best Regards!
    Tuesday, August 02, 2011 6:21 AM