none
Message tracking logs in Exchange 2013

Question

• I have changed the path of message tracking logs from one drive to another drive on the same MBX exchange 2013 server. After changing the path I restarted transport service, it generated new tracking log files but old logs where not moved to the new location. So I manually copied all the logs and indexing folder from old location to new location and again restarted the server. Now I am able to do message tracking of old mails but when I put “-End” in message tracking command there is no result and when I remove -End from command I get the tracking events for old mails. For new mails after changing the path works fine. Unable to understand the issue. I checked by using command Get-MessageTrackingLog -Server -Start “4/5/2017” -End “4/6/2017” no output

But If I use Get-MessageTrackingLog -Server -Start “4/5/2017”, then it shows the proper output.
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 12:10 PM

Answers

• Hi Jim,

We have resolved the issue by fixing the tracking logs as per below URL,

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/stuartp/2008/09/30/reviewing-message-tracking-logs-from-other-servers-andor-restored-backups/

Thanks for your support.

Regards, Kapil K

Friday, April 21, 2017 10:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Kapil,

Did you try to change End time into 4/20/2017?
    Did you make sure there are any message trace log records between 4/5/2017 and 4/6/2017?

As I am concerned. End parameter should be worked if Start parameter is working.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 2:43 AM
  • Hi Jim,

I changed the path on 18 April 2017, command with -End works for the logs after 18 April 2017 but prior to that it does not work. I have last 90 days logs.

Thanks, Kapil K

Thursday, April 20, 2017 8:23 AM
  • Hi Jim,

We have resolved the issue by fixing the tracking logs as per below URL,

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/stuartp/2008/09/30/reviewing-message-tracking-logs-from-other-servers-andor-restored-backups/

Thanks for your support.

Regards, Kapil K

Friday, April 21, 2017 10:21 AM
  • Hi Kapil,

Thanks for your back and give us your solutions, your sharing will help someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 24, 2017 1:06 AM