none
Cannot receive iCal invites to my Office 365 email account RRS feed

• Question

• An iPhone user sends me calendar invites from the native iPhone calendar app to my Office 365 email address (@outlook.com).  The email address in the invite is correct, but when the calendar event is saved, I don't receive the invite in any outlook platform.  I have an Android phone (Galaxy S10+) running Outlook, my PC running O365 Outlook, or OWA.

The calendar events are clearly saved in the iPhone calendar, and it indicates that my email address was included.

There is nothing in my SPAM folder.

I regularly receive emails and SMS from this individual using the native iPhone email and text apps on the iPhone to both my Android (Outlook), PC, etc.

I send and receive other outlook calendar invites with other people (using Microsoft platforms), so nothing appears to be malfunctioning on my outlook end.

My Outlook application (Office 365) has two email accounts, my primary @outlook.com, which is an exchange account, and a secondary @gmail.com, which is an IMAP/SMTP account.

If I send an iCAL invite to my @gmail.com account, it is received in the Outlook application.

Are there any integrations that are needed to receive Apple calendar invites in Exchange, or why can I receive invites to my gmail account, but not my exchange account?

Saturday, October 19, 2019 12:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>My Outlook application (Office 365) has two email accounts, my primary @outlook.com, which is an exchange account, and a secondary @gmail.com, which is an IMAP/SMTP account.

Do you mean that you configure two mailboxes in your Outlook APP, user@outlook.com and user@gmail.com? Our forum is committed to Exchange server which is different from Outlook.com, I would suggest you try to confirm with Outlook.com.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 21, 2019 7:02 AM
  • Hi Kyle,

You're correct that my Outlook App is configured with the two mailboxes (primary@outlook.com, and secondary@gmail.com).  The primary mailbox does not receive iCal invites, which is the exchange mailbox.  The secondary mailbox, an SMTP mailbox receives them fine.  

To me, this means that the Outlook App is functioning correctly, and the possibility that the iCal invite is being lost at the exchange level.

We know the iCal invite leaves the iPhone XR, since it is received by the secondary mailbox, and the Ourtlook App is able to receive and display the iCal invite, but the primary mailbox receives nothing from Exchange.

I'm happy to troubleshoot anywhere, but at this point, the place I can't troubleshoot is Exchange, as it is Microsoft's Exchange related to my outlook.com address with O365.

thank you, thoughts?

Mark

Monday, October 21, 2019 3:54 PM
  • Do you mean that this invite is sent from an Exchange mailbox?

If so, could you provide more detail information about it? Such as, how do you sent this invite and how this invite shown in Gmail mailbox?

Then I will try to test it with my lab.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 24, 2019 9:08 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing here to confirm with you how thing going now?

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Monday, October 28, 2019 8:25 AM