When attempting to create new Exchange Users in the GUI the following error message is received.
Active Directory operation failed on *. This error could have been caused by user input or by the Active Directory server being unavailable. Please retry at a later time. Additional information: Additional information: The global catalog verification failed. The global catalog is not available or does not support the operation. Some part of the directory is currently not available.
Active directory response: 000020E1: SvcErr: DSID-03200674, problem 5002 (UNAVAILABLE), data 0
The server is unavailable.
Exchange Management Shell command attempted:
New-Mailbox -Name '*' -Alias '*' -UserPrincipalName '*' -SamAccountName '*' -FirstName '*' -Initials '' -LastName 'Test' -Password 'System.Security.SecureString' -ResetPasswordOnNextLogon $false
Elapsed Time: 00:00:00
The Admin account is part of the correct groups needed.
1. Check confirm your NIC drivers, update them
2. Cab you try to create a new user from another server if possible or use a management PC with exchange tool sinstalled. It could be a local issue.
3. Can you telnet to your dc/gc from the exchange server. No firewall randonly enabled....
4. Run DCDIAG and check for any issues and resolve the,
5. Peform basic test against your dc/gc. If you have another dc/gc, configure exch to use that and test.
It is too strange. Do you log on EMC and EMS by same account?
Can you do other task (delete user, add group) by EMC ?
Maybe you should update exchange to last version.
Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.