none
An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program.

Question

• About a month ago I bought a new laptop, I set up a new email account with Outlook 2007 and everything ws working fine, until i clicked 'Send/Receive' yesterday and I received this error message:

"An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program."

Does anyone have any ideas about how I can solve this problem, I use this Outlook 2007 account to send and receive business emails so I need it to be working!!!

Thank you!
    Wednesday, April 30, 2008 10:05 AM

All replies

•  

Hi,

I have the same problem, but it exists since installing Outlook 2007 and always occurs when I try to use the Search.

The issue is that the message asks me to reinstall the Windows Search, but I have done that already countless times w/o any success.

Please assist, thanks!

Davy

Thursday, June 12, 2008 7:51 AM
  • To fix the problem, simply close down outlook.
    Open windows explorer and navigate to the following path:
    C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

delete and clear all files located in the Outlook folder so that it is empty (username is the name you logged on with eg for me it would be
    C:\Documents and Settings\lilq\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook).

Re-Open Outlook, and outlooks re-creates and updates it's data source and function correctly
    This should fix the problem.

you can also try the following:

regsvr32 %WINDIR%\system32\ole32.dll

Have fun
    • Proposed as answer by --Vinod-- Friday, June 19, 2009 1:51 PM
    Monday, June 16, 2008 12:08 AM
  • I had the same problem in both Outlook 2003 and 2007 when double clicking a mail message to move it to a folder.  Deleting the files from the C:\Documents and settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook did the trick.

Monday, June 30, 2008 7:57 PM
  • Dear lilq,

Thanks for ur help, i have been facing this problem, since past 3 months, but now it got solved.  Once again my heartiest thanks.,

Regards
    Selva
    Tuesday, July 01, 2008 7:45 AM
  • This did the trick for me as well. 

Thank a bunch.

nagesh

Saturday, August 02, 2008 2:01 PM
  •  

Hello lilq,

1. I Have tried registering the OLE  "regsvr32 %WINDIR%\system32\ole32.dll" , It doesnot help Me...

2. Deleted all files located in the Outlook folder C:\Documents and Settings\***"User name of your profile"***\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook) --- It works for me..........Now no OLE error.....

Thanks

mkrishn

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 8:47 PM
  •  

Hi Lilq,

Thank you very much for the solution posted. It works for me.....

Friday, November 07, 2008 5:32 AM
  • Hi LilQ,

Thank you very much!

Deleting the files worked for me.

Thanks

Nat
    Friday, April 24, 2009 2:56 PM
  • Great post!  It took care of my problem as well.

However, I have to point out one thing.  One of the files in that directory is your NK2 (*.NK2 with the most recent modified date) file that Outlook uses to store all of the email addresses it auto-completes as you begin typing someone's email address in the to/bc/cc fields.  I actually deleted everything except for this file and the problem still went away AND I didn't lose my autocomplete addresses.

Thanks again!
    Friday, June 19, 2009 12:44 PM
  • Thanks Sir,
    it has done for me.
    i have already register ole32, but not deleted the data of outlook folder in C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

thanks again.

Umesh Malik
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 7:47 AM

• Thanks Vinod,
                              It worked...............
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 10:27 AM
  • Thanks a lot the solution you provided is working fine .
    Friday, June 25, 2010 7:50 AM
  • This worked for me as well, thank you!
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 1:26 AM
  • I have a similar issue with a client workstation at work. I'm going to try registering the ole32.dll first. If that's doesn't work, I'll delete all the files in the outlook directory. If none of the above works, well, it's a full reinstall with a new profile. Hopefully deleting the files will do the trick.
    "There's a time and place for that. The time is... Never. You can figure out the place on your own".
    Wednesday, October 06, 2010 4:23 PM
  • Thanks ,,, i tried this and worked.... Cheers
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 9:45 AM
  • I get the same error and have tried registering the DLL wich was successful in registering but not fixing the problem, deleting files in directory noted, recreated user outlook profile and windows profile. uninstalled, reinstall.  I continue to get OLE error when user clicks on the mailbox -username at top of outlook folder heirarchy.  any ideas?
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 8:21 PM
  • jonfisch

Try the following:

Give "Full Control" to all users in the following registry key: HKEY_USERS

You may have to give full read/write permissions to each individual sub-folder on that registry key as for some reason the permissions dont always affect all subfolders....

Restart after you have done this and try again

Monday, March 07, 2011 2:42 PM
  • I have same problem on Vista running OUtlook 2007.

Registering the DLL gives me an error: "The module ole32.dll was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x8000ffff."

Where is the Outlook folder in Vista so I can clean it out?

Thanks.

Friday, March 11, 2011 12:31 PM
  • I have same problem on Vista running OUtlook 2007.

Registering the DLL gives me an error: "The module ole32.dll was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x8000ffff."

Where is the Outlook folder in Vista so I can clean it out?

Thanks.

Bump!
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:41 PM
  • Thank you very much... that worked for me....  This part specifically...

To fix the problem, simply close down outlook.

delete and clear all files located in the Outlook folder so that it is empty (username is the name you logged on with eg for me it would be
    C:\Documents and Settings\lilq\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
    ).

Re-Open Outlook, and outlooks re-creates and updates it's data source and function correctly

Monday, March 21, 2011 7:59 PM
  • To fix the problem, simply close down outlook.

C:\Documents and Settings\lilq\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook).

you can also try the following:

regsvr32 %WINDIR%\system32\ole32.dll

Have fun
    Thank you! It solved the problem.
    Friday, May 27, 2011 6:34 AM
  • Cheers LilQ. This deleting of the files in that application data folder is still a great solution. I just "UPGRADED" from Office 2007 to Office 2003 (yes I said upgraded *from* 2007 *to* 2003) and got this problem.

Long live Office 2003, which is soooo much better than 2007. No crappy ribbons, and everything just works properly.

Saturday, July 02, 2011 7:18 PM
  • I've an issue where using the search in the Outlook Client whereupon entering a string to search for results in an instant error stating "An ole registrati
    on error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run setup again for the program."
    Now I've done exactly that. Re-installed Outlook and patched it back up to the latest hotfix/SP.

I've also tried shutting down Outlook, deleting any instances of files in the %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Directory, both Local and Roaming locations and restarting and also registering the OLE32.dll again using "regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\ole32.dll" and many combinations of the above.

None of which work for me as they seem to have done for many other people reporting this error, simply not under TS and Citrix.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Regards
    jc
    Friday, October 28, 2011 7:52 PM
  • If I can expand on this answer, you only need to delete  *.SRS files.  As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, the NK2 files are still useful and should NOT be deleted for this error.  
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 5:04 AM