none
DNSBL

Question

• Please tell me where to read about the "fine" setting DNSBL to Exchange 2010? Interested in setting the return status code, for each black list service they are unique, as far as I understand. Now at the black list fires on my server, the sender receives the response "550 5.7.1 Recipient not authorized, your IP has been found on a block list" and it is not clear which of the listed sender black list server.

• Moved by Ed CrowleyMVP Tuesday, February 21, 2017 2:09 AM Proper version forum
    • Edited by Ilya Kalugin Tuesday, February 21, 2017 12:35 PM img
    Monday, February 20, 2017 10:36 AM

All replies

• Please define "BL" and "BC".

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 1:16 AM
  • Sorry, BL & BC - black list. My english is bad.
    Tuesday, February 21, 2017 1:52 AM
  • And you're saying that external senders outside your organization sending mail to your Exchange server are getting that non-delivery report (NDR)?

I am moving this thread to the very well hidden Exchange 2010 forum.

Have you referred to these articles?

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124912(v=exchg.141).aspx

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd351199(v=exchg.141).aspx

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 2:05 AM
  • Yes, if I include all DNSBL service, some senders are rejected by my server with the text: "550 5.7.1 Recipient not authorized, your IP has been found on a block list" and it is unclear what kind of DNSBL load.

These FAQ used, it is not clear what to write in the "Custom error message" of DNSBL-specific, such as "Protected Sky" (bad dot psky dot me).

PS: I can not insert links and images.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 4:48 AM
  • Frankly, I'm not familiar with that service because none of my customers use it.  All of them use third-party services or are moving to Office 365 and using Microsoft's EOP.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 5:51 AM
  • "Protected Sky" is an example, let it be "Barracuda Reputation Block List" or any other.

I need a free DNSBL.

upd: Add screen to first post.
    • Edited by Ilya Kalugin Tuesday, February 21, 2017 12:36 PM PS
    Tuesday, February 21, 2017 6:10 AM
  • Yes, if I include all DNSBL service, some senders are rejected by my server with the text: "550 5.7.1 Recipient not authorized, your IP has been found on a block list" and it is unclear what kind of DNSBL load.

These FAQ used, it is not clear what to write in the "Custom error message" of DNSBL-specific, such as "Protected Sky" (bad dot psky dot me).

PS: I can not insert links and images.

Hi,

Do you mean you want to customize NDR message to let senders know what kind of DNSBL service is blocking his/her IP?

In this case, have you tried to configure a custom rejection response with the following command?

Set-IPBlockListProvider "Barracuda Reputation Block List Provider" -RejectionMessage "Your message was rejected because the IP address of the server sending your message is in the block list of Barracuda Reputation Block List service"

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:20 AM
  • How to add the ip address in the black list to the response text?

"Your message was rejected because the IP address 222.111.222.111 of the server sending your message is in the block list of Barracuda Reputation Block List service"

Thursday, March 16, 2017 10:32 AM
  • How to add the ip address in the black list to the response text?

"Your message was rejected because the IP address 222.111.222.111 of the server sending your message is in the block list of Barracuda Reputation Block List service"

As I suggested above.

Set-IPBlockListProvider "Barracuda Reputation Block List Provider" -RejectionMessage "Your message was rejected because the IP address of the server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx sending your message is in the block list of Barracuda Reputation Block List service"

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 17, 2017 9:56 AM
  • Thank you. And where to look at the DNSBL service log and which addresses were rejected?
    Tuesday, April 04, 2017 4:52 AM