none
"The sharing message is not valid, or the data has expired. Please request the originator to send a new sharing invite."

Question

• I am creating many calendars to use as a room booking system.  I am sending to recipients and this is the message they are getting when they open the calendar.  Can anyone help?

"The sharing message is not valid, or the data has expired.  Please request the originator to send a new sharing invite."

• Edited by FMPowers Tuesday, December 17, 2013 1:47 PM
    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 1:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Before going further, I’d like to confirm if all recipients obtain the same error message and there is any error in your event log.

And I’d like to explain, it’s not recommended that we grant full access permission to many users at one time.
    Thus, we can try to grant different level permission of the same calendar to users and then resend the sharing invitation.

Best regards,

Angela Shi
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:38 AM
  • FOr example I have 10 calendars & 10 recipients.

Recipient 1 can open calendar 1, but then no more.

Then recipient 2 can open calendar 2, but then no more.  What to do?

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:15 PM
  • I have changed the permissions and it still doesn t work.

Then I deleted all the other users and still doesn't work.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:28 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry for delay reply.
    To understand more about the issue, let’s check the permission:
    Get-mailbosfolderpermission user@domian.com |fl

Alternatively, you can refer to the following article to troubleshoot the issue:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912265/en-us
    hope it can help you.

Thanks,

Angela Shi
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 26, 2013 7:23 AM
  • Hi,

I have the same problem.

My customer (external address) has shared the calendar with me and when i open it, i get the error message

"The sharing message is not valid, or the data has expired.  Please request the originator to send a new sharing invite."

I tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10106/how-to-open-a-shared-calendar-from-an-outlook-sharing-invitation but still no luck.

Solution is appreciated.

Regards,

Suresh T

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 3:42 PM
  • Have you verified that the date, time, time zone and DST are correct on the sender's and all receivers' machines?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Monday, March 20, 2017 1:41 AM