none
looking for a tool to be used for remote desktop connection or any suggestion ???? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear 

i am looking for a tool or SW or configuration to enable me to get the accurate location ( GPS location ) of my staff when they connect remotely to my server using RDC to run the application , i need some assistant in this , i am currently buying new server so i have to decide what to do , 

regards

jehad

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 12:58 PM

Answers

•  Hi Jehad,

Microsoft doesn't support the GPS location service. Maybe you can use IP to limit the estimated location. 

Regards,

Yvonne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by jehad khabour Thursday, July 2, 2020 11:15 AM
    Thursday, July 2, 2020 7:37 AM

All replies

•  Hi Jehad,

Microsoft doesn't support the GPS location service. Maybe you can use IP to limit the estimated location. 

Regards,

Yvonne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by jehad khabour Thursday, July 2, 2020 11:15 AM
    Thursday, July 2, 2020 7:37 AM
  • so , any suggestions to use 

to know staff member location when login to the system ,

or press visit start ????

please advise 

Thursday, July 2, 2020 11:17 AM
  • one more thing , when i connect to the server , i cant identify the IP address of the client , it gives me the IP address of the server , what to do to get the IP address of the client connected to the application ,,, 

the application i am using it is a financial software , it has a button called start the visit , at this point i need to know the position of the staff member , and after he finish the visit he will press end visit .

this is how it works ..

any ideas ????

Friday, July 3, 2020 2:32 PM
  • Hi Jehad,

This "Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services)" Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details. 

"Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services)" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services)"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.
    Tuesday, July 21, 2020 6:39 AM