none
Not downloading Offline address book files. A server (URL) could not be located. 0X8004010F

All replies

  • I've created new OAB from EMC then associated it with the secondary storage group and I also did:

    Change the Autodiscover record to become SRV
    according to: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940881

    and installed Office 2007 SP1

    here's the output of the https://(servername).domain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml when i typed it from a browser:

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    - <Autodiscover xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/responseschema/2006">
    - <Response>
    - <Error Time="08:55:27.4843750" Id="1433479874">
      <ErrorCode>600</ErrorCode>
      <Message>Invalid Request</Message>
      <DebugData />
      </Error>
      </Response>
      </Autodiscover>

    and the actual Autodiscover.xml looks like this:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <Autodiscover>
    <!-- This is a placeholder file -->
    </Autodiscover>





    Thursday, May 22, 2008 11:06 PM
  •  

    I also did these cmdlets below:

     

    get-offlineaddressbook | update-offlineaddressbook

    update-filedistributionservice %CAS server name%

     

    and still to no avail.

     

    16:16:32 Microsoft Exchange offline address book

    16:16:32                                 Not downloading Offline address book files.  A server (URL) could not be located.

    16:16:32                0X8004010F

     

    any idea and suggestion please ?
    Monday, June 23, 2008 6:18 AM
  • Added related thread in this forum: http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3526457&SiteID=17&mode=1

     

     

    any kinds of help would be greatly appreciated.

     

    Thanks

    Tuesday, June 24, 2008 2:40 AM
  • This Error,

     

    seems to have a root cause from the AUTODISCOVER thingy :-(

     

    any idea of how to add the server entry for this autodiscover inside the Active Dir. database please ?

     

    Tuesday, July 15, 2008 12:45 AM
  • Did you ever get this worked out? I am currently having the same issues and need to get this resolved.

    Thanks
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:44 PM
  • nschultz0124,

    the problem still exist since last year and what I'd like to do is that install these:

    .NET Framework 3.5 Update
    Update rollup 6

    and see how did you go with it.

    /* Support Engineer */
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 1:59 AM
  • Albert,

    I was able to resolve my issue by using Microsofts KB940726.

    I also used the following link which led me to find that my internal URL's were typed incorrectly.

    http://www.exchange-genie.com/2007/07/401-error-when-attempting-test-outlookwebservices/

    The above link will allow your error messages to get more granular in powershell and actually show you what is failing.

    I was led to the above link from Microsoft KB article 896861 which is for IIS 5 and 6 but the registry changes are still valid for IIS 7.

    let me know if this helps.

    Friday, May 08, 2009 12:16 PM
  • i am having this same pro blem; checked the certs, checked IIS permissions, checked internal/external URLs on all virt directorys. still unable to download OAB, set OOF, or access GAL when using Outlook Anywhere
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 9:33 PM
  • finally figured it out.

    Didnt have any OAB distribution points enabled, Turned on "Enable Web-Based Distribution" under Org Config/Mailboxes/OAB and it started working.
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 3:00 PM