- Replication Folder - Official
        - Staging Quota - 8 GB

- DC02
        - Local Path - D:\Official\
        - Membership Status - Enabled
        - Member Name - DC02
        - Replication Folder - Official
        - Staging Quota - 8 GB

In the user's workstation there is a Z Drive Mapped as \\DC01.mydomain.local\DATA"
    In the server, i checked the Shares under the Computer management and found that "DATA" shared Folder path is "E:\DATA"

Now here is the issue:

- when user (A Particualar user) access any file from the Z drive mapped to her workstation and edit the file and save it. the file disappears from that location.
    - for example user accessed the file located at "Z:\Admin\Transport\Monthly\2020\June\Master.xlsm" and made changes. As soon as she saved the file, it disappeared.

I tried to check the same from the server end and here is what i found:

- from the server i accessed the location "E:\DATA\Admin\Transport\Monthly\2020\June\" folder and i am able to see multiples files.
    - However, when is accessed the same file from server by going to "\\DC01.mydomian.local\DATA\Admin\Transport\Monthly\2020\June\" folder and i am not able to see few files.
    - I went to the test folder located at "\\DC01.mydomian.local\DATA\Admin\Transport\Monthly\2020\June\TEST" and copied one file and try pasting it to "\\DC01.mydomian.local\DATA\Admin\Transport\Monthly\2020\June\" folder and it says the file exists but i can't see it

Please help.

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 6:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to share here!

Based on my understanding , the issue is for a particular user ,not all the users ,right?

when the user changed any files and saved it , the files can't be seen from the network path(\\servername \shared folder),but the existed when access on the local server,right?

Did you check the share permission and NTFS permission on the share folder?Any difference from other users?

Check the permission firstly, if there are no problems with it , i would recommend you capture a network package and the process when reproduce the behavior.Then confirm more details during the whole processes.

Best Regards,

Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, July 2, 2020 12:45 AM
  • Hi,

Welcome to share your current situation.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 6:56 AM
  • Hi

I am checking to see if the problem has been resolved.

If there's anything you'd like to know, don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Fan

Friday, July 10, 2020 8:00 AM