none
New-MailboxExportRequest is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet

Question

• I am running Exchange 2010 SP1 with RU5 installed in a test environment. I have created an RBAC group for Importing and Exporting, and assigned the 'Mailbox Import Export' role. I have added the correct user account to the role, however I am unable to use the New-MailboxExportRequest. I have tried assigning the role directly to the admin account (which I am using to test this with) as well as to the Organization Management RBAC group. The admin account is a member of both groups. I have read through the other posts related to this and have tried all the suggestions to no avail. All other SP1 cmdlets work. Please help.
    Wednesday, November 09, 2011 7:26 PM

All replies

• get-command | *export* check if you see the cmdlets listed.
    Sharique 'W@rbuG' Ahmed. 2 b or not 2 b
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 3:04 AM
  • the term *export* is not recognized.

Thursday, November 10, 2011 2:03 PM
  • Hi
       You can try to add role by ECP
       account->manager your organization->roles&auditing ->new ->name:export role add->mailbox import export->add member ->your account.
       Then you can run export again.
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 3:30 PM
  • I have tried using ECP without success. I am still am unable to utilize the new-mailboxexportrequest. I have created a new role group with just the mailbox import export role on it as well. I can verify, through ECP, that the role is assigned to both the Org management Role Group and the new rolegroup I've created. I can also verify, through ECP, that the administrator account is a member of the role group.
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 3:53 PM
  • I'm having this same problem, did you have any luck figuring this out?
    Wednesday, December 07, 2011 8:48 PM
  • I have just hit this problem as well. Two weeks ago I was using Export-Mailbox but today I am now getting the same error as peanutoma and TBuck. I have tried the New-ExportMailboxRequest but get the same error.
    Monday, December 12, 2011 7:08 PM
  • Same Problem here........
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 11:26 AM
  • Run :  New-ManagementRoleAssignment -Role "Mailbox Import Export" -User UserName(it is the user that you are using to run the command new-mailboxexportrequest)  

Log off and login after.

• Edited by Carlos Souza Jr Thursday, December 29, 2011 2:09 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Psylentz Wednesday, January 15, 2014 2:36 PM
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 3:04 AM
  • Hi Carlos,

the cmd didn't solve the problem. Thanks anyway.

Anyone who solved the issue?

Monday, January 02, 2012 2:36 PM
  • FYI, hopefully this will help some of you.

I was experiencing the same problem where New-MailboxExportRequest was not recognized as a cmdlet. What I found is that you have to assign the management role using the New-ManagementRoleAssignment command that Carlos listed then you have to either restart Exchange Management Shell or (even better) logoff and logon again.  If you don't restart EMS or logoff/logon again then you'll continue to see error "New-MailboxExportRequest is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet".

Good luck!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 3:33 AM
  • The syntax I've used to get this list is:

Get-Command -Name "*Export*"

Don't forget to restart EMS or logoff/logon after assigning permissions.

• Edited by TimDawgg Tuesday, July 24, 2012 3:53 AM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 3:53 AM
  • Old post, but just in case someone does what I did here.  Make sure you're no just in the powershell interface and that you've actually launched the Exchange Management Shell successfully.   I'm not sure how yet why I wasn't in the correct shell, but it was absolutly the cause.
    Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:13 PM