none
New-MailboxExportRequest is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet

    Question

  • I am running Exchange 2010 SP1 with RU5 installed in a test environment. I have created an RBAC group for Importing and Exporting, and assigned the 'Mailbox Import Export' role. I have added the correct user account to the role, however I am unable to use the New-MailboxExportRequest. I have tried assigning the role directly to the admin account (which I am using to test this with) as well as to the Organization Management RBAC group. The admin account is a member of both groups. I have read through the other posts related to this and have tried all the suggestions to no avail. All other SP1 cmdlets work. Please help.
    Wednesday, November 09, 2011 7:26 PM

All replies

  • get-command | *export* check if you see the cmdlets listed.
    Sharique 'W@rbuG' Ahmed. 2 b or not 2 b
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 3:04 AM
  • the term *export* is not recognized.

    Thursday, November 10, 2011 2:03 PM
  • Hi
       You can try to add role by ECP
       account->manager your organization->roles&auditing ->new ->name:export role add->mailbox import export->add member ->your account.
       Then you can run export again.
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 3:30 PM
    Moderator
  • I have tried using ECP without success. I am still am unable to utilize the new-mailboxexportrequest. I have created a new role group with just the mailbox import export role on it as well. I can verify, through ECP, that the role is assigned to both the Org management Role Group and the new rolegroup I've created. I can also verify, through ECP, that the administrator account is a member of the role group.
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 3:53 PM
  • I'm having this same problem, did you have any luck figuring this out?
    Wednesday, December 07, 2011 8:48 PM
  • I have just hit this problem as well. Two weeks ago I was using Export-Mailbox but today I am now getting the same error as peanutoma and TBuck. I have tried the New-ExportMailboxRequest but get the same error.
    Monday, December 12, 2011 7:08 PM
  • Same Problem here........
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 11:26 AM
  • Run :  New-ManagementRoleAssignment -Role "Mailbox Import Export" -User UserName(it is the user that you are using to run the command new-mailboxexportrequest)  

    Log off and login after.


    • Edited by Carlos Souza Jr Thursday, December 29, 2011 2:09 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Psylentz Wednesday, January 15, 2014 2:36 PM
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 3:04 AM
  • Hi Carlos,

    the cmd didn't solve the problem. Thanks anyway.

    Anyone who solved the issue?

     

    Monday, January 02, 2012 2:36 PM
  • FYI, hopefully this will help some of you.

    I was experiencing the same problem where New-MailboxExportRequest was not recognized as a cmdlet. What I found is that you have to assign the management role using the New-ManagementRoleAssignment command that Carlos listed then you have to either restart Exchange Management Shell or (even better) logoff and logon again.  If you don't restart EMS or logoff/logon again then you'll continue to see error "New-MailboxExportRequest is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet".

    Good luck!

    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 3:33 AM
  • The syntax I've used to get this list is:

    Get-Command -Name "*Export*"

    Don't forget to restart EMS or logoff/logon after assigning permissions.


    • Edited by TimDawgg Tuesday, July 24, 2012 3:53 AM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 3:53 AM
  • Old post, but just in case someone does what I did here.  Make sure you're no just in the powershell interface and that you've actually launched the Exchange Management Shell successfully.   I'm not sure how yet why I wasn't in the correct shell, but it was absolutly the cause.
    Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:13 PM
  • ... What I found is that you have to assign the management role using the New-ManagementRoleAssignment command that Carlos listed then you have to either restart Exchange Management Shell or (even better) logoff and logon again...

    This is what worked for me. I'd set it up previously and have been using it on one server and forgot about the 'new-managementroleassignement' step on the server I was working on now. 

    Thanks for the reminder! :) 

    Thursday, March 22, 2018 12:40 AM