Custom Service Request Form Opening on Wrong Tab RRS feed

• Question

• I have a slight issue with a new Service Request form that I created. I had a form in a management pack that was customized, I had to update the class extensions so I edited the management pack and saved the changes with a higher revision number. 

After importing the new management pack when editing or creating a service request the form automatically opens up to the results tab. Before this would open to the General tab no matter if I was creating a new service request or editing an old one. 

Is there any settings that I can change or does anyone know what would be causing this issue? 

Thanks, 

Thursday, May 30, 2019 9:09 PM

Answers

• The SCSM is a little stubborn with customisations of existing forms ;-)

If you customised an existing form the SCSM console will open the form on the "last edited" tab after the MP with the customisation is imported. This might be a new custom tab or the last modified built-in tab.

To open the form with the General tab again just edit something on the General tab before saving. For instance move a field 1 pixel down and up again.

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten

Friday, May 31, 2019 4:19 PM

All replies

• Would need to look at the XML of your custom management pack to investigate the issue. Can you share the XML of the form of your extended class?

Have you made any changes to the actual form where the results tab is the main page?

Website: www.walshamsolutions.com Technical Blog: https://www.walshamsolutions.com/technical-blog Personal Blog: https://www.walshamsolutions.com/personal-blog Twitter: Dwalshampro

Friday, May 31, 2019 9:57 AM
  • The SCSM is a little stubborn with customisations of existing forms ;-)

If you customised an existing form the SCSM console will open the form on the "last edited" tab after the MP with the customisation is imported. This might be a new custom tab or the last modified built-in tab.

To open the form with the General tab again just edit something on the General tab before saving. For instance move a field 1 pixel down and up again.

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten

Friday, May 31, 2019 4:19 PM