none
One user unable to create new/reply/forward an email RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

We have our own exchange server in house and is working fine

We have a user where when they login via OWA, the new email, reply , forward buttons do nothing.

Same computer logged in as administrator ( Windows 10 64bit)

open a web browser ( have used Edge, IE, Chrome and Firefox all latest version installed)

User logs into exchange OWA server no problems, receives emails can open sent email, but cannot compose a new email or reply/forward an existing one.

User now logs out.

Different user then logs in (same server same computer)

This user and the rest of out users can compose a new email, reply or forward existing one (buttons work)

As two users have been tested on the same computer with it is not a local computer issue.

Have also checked all settings between users in AD and on exchange server no different.

Also check all settings with in outlook also no difference.

Could I please have a solution or where to look for a solution to this issue.    

Friday, April 24, 2020 2:03 AM

All replies

• Hi

Had this the other day after patches applied and had to reboot the servers. Was running CU14, upgraded to CU15 and problem has not returned.

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, April 24, 2020 11:39 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Mikle103,

Please try to clear all the browser cache/cookies and test again, you can also login OWA Light version and see if and difference. 

You can change the login setting as this picture:

Besides, can he send messages via Outlook?

Try to repair the mailbox with command New-MailboxRepairRequest, read this article for some guidance:https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/154342-check-repair-mailbox-corruption-for-exchange-2007-2010-2013

If all these steps don't work, I would export the mailbox to pst file and import again.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 27, 2020 8:27 AM
  • @Edward  - did server reboot didn't resolve issue thanks for the reply though.

@Eric - Thank you for your reply.

In OWA light all working as should, I have done the New-MailboxRepairRequest - nothing to repair is result.

Directly in outlook all is fine no issues, only when user is using OWA, have cleared cache/cookie as also tested on about 5 different machines with all three browsers.

Not sure on your suggestion of export import, do you mean on the server export the mailbox dose this delete or just make a copy do you have a link to any information on what is exactly happening to the mailbox and data?

Thanks you all for replies

Monday, April 27, 2020 11:29 PM
  • OK

I did an export and import of mail box on the exchange server,  no change

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 5:31 AM
  • Hi Mikle103,

I mean export the mailbox to pst file and delete his old mailbox accout, then create a new mailbox for him and import the pst file.

You can also try to migrate the mailbox to another database, check if these helps.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 9:35 AM
  • Hi Eric 

Thanks for the info will try again with the delete of old mailbox this time.(will try on weekend in company downtime)

I will try the the migration as well.

Regards

Micheal

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 11:33 PM
  • Hi Eric 

Just an FYI migration did nor fix issue,

I am doing the export, delete, create, import over the weekend.

Kind Regards

Micheal

Friday, May 1, 2020 4:33 AM
  • Hi, I'm here to confirm with you if your issue has been resolved. If the problem is successfully solved, you can share your solution and mark them or the helpful reply as answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Wednesday, May 6, 2020 9:16 AM