none
Job Type:SharePoint Tasks List Project, Error: GeneralQueueJobFailed (26000) ManagedModeTaskSynchronization.SynchronizeTaskListInManagedModeMessage. RRS feed

• Question

• Good Day,

We have a user who was attempting to check in her project which ended in error:

• GeneralQueueJobFailed (26000) -ManagedModeTaskSynchronization.SynchronizeTaskListInManagedModeMessage. Details: id='26000' name='GeneralQueueJobFailed' uid='98001440-407f-e611-ab5b-a0d3c10627cc' JobUID='1c94c472-610b-4e9b-a7b7-db6b7bf8b965' ComputerName='b6c7a8c6-9f17-4c8e-b2c1-022ba92b5aea' GroupType='ManagedModeTaskSynchronization' MessageType='SynchronizeTaskListInManagedModeMessage' MessageId='1' Stage='' CorrelationUID='300ea29d-5e51-00ce-3d1f-b610d42b19b7'. For more details, check the ULS logs on machine b6c7a8c6-9f17-4c8e-b2c1-022ba92b5aea for entries with JobUID1c94c472-610b-4e9b-a7b7-db6b7bf8b965.

It still appears as checked out to the user and when I click the link in Project center is says:

The Check-in operation has been queued, but is taking longer than expected to process. To check the status of the Check-in queue job, either visit the My Queue Jobs page, or refresh the page.

Click OK to close the project and return to Project Center.

As a support admin, is there anything I can do to fix the issue or will it need to be resolved by the owner of the project? Please lists steps to correct the error. Any feedback approcaited!

Thanks,

Rhonda

Rhonda Carroll

Thursday, September 22, 2016 11:21 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

It could be due to multiple resources on one task. If you have multiple resources on one task/s, go to the Tasks list on the project site and check the Assigned To column allows multiple selections.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Thursday, September 22, 2016 12:15 PM
  • Hello Paul,

Thank you for above solution. Can you provide detail steps please.

Regards,

Amay Singh

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 8:58 AM
  • Amay, to do it:

1. Go to project site of the affected project (which cannot be published)
    2. Go to "Tasks from Schedule" list (please note, that you may have some other name of the list, tasks from Project schedule are synced to)
    3. Go o list settings (in Ribbon) > find "Assigned To" column in the settings > click on the column to enter its settings
    4. Select Yes for "Allow multiple selections" > OK.

Now it should be possible to publish the project.

Alex

• Edited by Alex Seliv Thursday, November 29, 2018 1:01 PM
    Thursday, November 29, 2018 1:01 PM
  • Hi Paul,

I am facing this issue in MS project 2016. I have checked and Tasks list allows Multiple users and i still get the error for Project publish. Is there any other reason this issue is occurring? Is there a way to analyze and get to the Root cause for this issue. I have checked ULS logs but i didn't find anything.

Regards,

Agasthya

agasthya

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 11:26 AM
  • Hi Paul,

I am facing this issue in MS project 2016. I have checked and Tasks list allows Multiple users and i still get the error for Project publish. Is there any other reason this issue is occurring? Is there a way to analyze and get to the Root cause for this issue. I have checked ULS logs but i didn't find anything.

Regards,

Agasthya

agasthya

agasthya

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 9:06 AM