none
Projects Engagements Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I am establishing the engagement feature for a number of teams including generic and named users.

I am following the processes (submit engagement, approve engagement and then changing the generic to the approved named resource in the schedule itself).

The problem is that the resource cannot see the task or task in the timesheet. I have checked and the resource booking type at the project schedule level is committed. I have republished.

It is key that the staff member can see and submit timesheets against the approved engagement. 

Is there anything I am missing. 

Timesheet is single user entry mode.  

Thankyou for you assistance

Friday, July 17, 2020 1:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Note that the engagement is not the assignment. Once the project manager has gone through the engagement process with the resource manager, he needs to create the assignment accordingly.

Once the assignment created and the project published, the team member should see it in his timesheet.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Friday, July 17, 2020 8:25 AM
  • Hello,

Engagements wont appear in Tasks or Timesheets as resources do not book time to the engagement, they book time to the task assignment. Add a resource to a task in the project, save and publish the project then they will see the task in the Tasks page / Timesheet page to update.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Friday, July 17, 2020 8:43 AM
  • HI Paul

Thankyou. I have done that and the resource still cannot see a timesheet or task.  The timesheet is setup using single entry mode if that helps.

I am not sure why they cannot see the timesheet or task.

Thanks

Theresa

Monday, July 20, 2020 7:31 AM
  • Hi Theresa,

Are you using Enterprise Resources (not local) that are also users? Also is the assignment owner set to the same as the resource that is assigned to the task?

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Saturday, July 25, 2020 1:35 PM