I have an Exchange 2010 server that appears to be SP1 (Server Configuration shows Version 14.1 Build 218.15). Outlook Web App is not working. I can get to the logon screen, but after logging in I get "HTTP 500 internal server error". I've tried restarting
Web Publishing service and running "aspnet_regiis.exe –i –enable" in the Framework and Framework64 folders (both of which are successful). I have the same problem using https://localhost/exchange. And I do not see any errors in the event logs.
I loaded the following critical updates last night: 2647516 (IE8), 2633873 (.NET Framework 3.5), 2660465, 2645640, 2643719, 2654428 (Windows Server), 890830 (Malicious Software Removal Tool).
I had an expert look at it and he found that the Microsoft Exchange Forms-Based Authentication service was not running. It's running now and problem solved.
I found where the service terminated last night. Here is a thread that relates to the specific error in my event viewer. Hopefuly it doesn't return. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrgeneral/thread/2c8ab7d8-6d60-462b-8c61-55b9dcaf9907/
Edited byfoobulaFriday, February 17, 2012 9:32 PMupdate
Microsoft is conducting an online survey to understand your opinion of the Technet Web site. If you choose to participate, the online survey will be presented to you when you leave the Technet Web site.