SQL Server 2014 Upgrade - Unsafe assembly errors RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We recently upgraded our SQL Server 2012 Business Intelligence Edition installation to SQL Server 2014 Business Intelligence Edition. 

The following errors now occur in the SQL Server error log:

• Unsafe assembly 'microsoft.sqlserver.integrationservices.server, version=12.0.0.0, culture=neutral, publickeytoken=89845dcd8080cc91, processorarchitecture=msil' loaded into appdomain 3 (SSISDB.dbo[runtime].1).
    • Unsafe assembly 'microsoft.ssdqs, version=11.0.0.0, culture=neutral, publickeytoken=89845dcd8080cc91, processorarchitecture=msil' loaded into appdomain 2 (DQS_MAIN.dbo[runtime].2).

Searching the web has yielded no results. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Norm

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 4:36 PM

Answers

• These are normal messages.  DQS and SSIS both register 'unsafe' CLR assemblies, but they are tested and supported by Microsoft. 

If you saw any of these warnings for an unsafe assembly you didn't recognize, then that would be an issue. 

I'm not sure if these messages showed up on SQL 2012, but they are useful in troubleshooting memory problems by showing the loading of unsafe assemblies in the SQL log.

David

David http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dbrowne/

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 5:53 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Please add the SQL Server service account as sysadmin. An account needs to be sysadmin to be able to register assemblies.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 5:30 PM
  • These are normal messages.  DQS and SSIS both register 'unsafe' CLR assemblies, but they are tested and supported by Microsoft. 

If you saw any of these warnings for an unsafe assembly you didn't recognize, then that would be an issue. 

I'm not sure if these messages showed up on SQL 2012, but they are useful in troubleshooting memory problems by showing the loading of unsafe assemblies in the SQL log.

David

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 5:53 PM
  • Thanks for the response David.

Do you know if these associated messages are safe to ignore as well?

• AppDomain 33 (DQS_MAIN.dbo[ddl].32) unloaded.

These messages are new since the SQL Server 2014 upgrade.

Thanks again.

Norm

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 7:46 PM
  • Yep.  That's in informational message too.  If you have lots of these it can indicate memory pressure.  But it's normal for AppDomains to be sometimes.

David

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 8:21 PM
  • sp_configure 'clr', 1
    reconfigure
    Friday, April 29, 2016 12:15 PM
  • I think this should be ....

exec sp_configure 'show advanced options',1
    go

reconfigure with override
    go

exec sp_configure 'clr enabled',1
    go

reconfigure with override
    go

Daniel Adeniji

Sunday, August 2, 2020 5:46 PM
  • Hi Daniel,

the original Post is 4 years old. I think, or I hope, they find a solution in this time.

Kind regards,

Andreas

Tuesday, August 18, 2020 6:39 AM