none
Add new Exchange 2010 and create DAG RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi,

I have one Exchange 2010 server running all roles on Windows 2012 standard. I want to add a new Exchange server 2010 and create DAG.

I am not sure what is the best way to do this. I will of course install new Windows 2012 std server with same patch level

as the old server, and same goes for the Exchange 2010.

Now I have two Exchange servers exactly the same i.e. running same roles and patch level.

The new server has no db´s yet. So this is what i think i need to do.

1) make sure that there is no "traffic" to the new server or will Exchange figure it out that all the db´s are on the old server?

2) add one new nic to both of the servers and configure them with local ip´s different network

3) create DAG on the old server and old server to DAG.

4) add the new server to the DAG and make sure that db´s will not fail-over to the new server.

5) Witness servers

5) Start copying db´s to the new server and make sure that replication works.

That is,  is there something that I am missing? maybe there is somewhere  a detail step by step document somewhere?

thanks,

Erro

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 8:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Erro,

Your plan is ok, you can also refer to the following step-by-step guide to create a DAG in Exchange 2010:

Step by Step Create a Database Availability Group (DAG)

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 9, 2017 1:36 AM
  • Hi Erro,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 2:18 AM