none
The local domain needs to be prepared using Setup /PrepareDomain before server roles can be installed RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I've been installing Exchange servers since Exchange 5.5. I'm now installing Exchange 2013 with SP1 that will coexist with one Exchange 2010 SP3 server. I'm installing it on 2012 R2 Enterprise Edition. There is a root domain and one child domain. The Exchange Server is in the child domain.  Even though I've run the .\setup PrepareSchema, AD and domain and all were successful I still get the message below when running Exchange setup. If I look at what /preparedomain does it seems like it has done what is needed. I've run the /prepareschema, /preparead and /preparealldomains in the root domain & have even run /preparedomain over and over in the child domain. Like I said everytime I run these they are successful. Oh and my account belongs to all the right groups needed to run these. Any ideas would be appreciated!

The local domain needs to be prepared using Setup /PrepareDomain before server roles can be installed.

For more information, visit: http://technet.microsoft.com/library(EXCHG.150)/ms.exch.setupreadiness.DomainPrepRequired.aspx

Friday, September 26, 2014 1:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

There is an article about prepare AD and domains for your reference.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb125224(v=exchg.150).aspx

Please check this article and then prepare AD and domains to check result.

Best regards,

Belinda Ma
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, September 29, 2014 4:11 AM
  • Yes. I've reference that article many times. All of the timestamps are correct. Any other ideas of finding out where the setup is looking and seeing that the domain is not prepped?
    Monday, October 6, 2014 4:02 PM
  • Hello, i am having the EXACT same problem. Did you ever find a resolution to this?

Thanks

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 9:12 AM
  • same problem but a year later and with Exchange 2016, did anyone find a solution to this problem yet, are we doing something wrong

I also have been with Exchange since the MS Mail days really, and I must say the only thing worse than installing Exchange is trying to uninstall it, ha ha

Friday, January 22, 2016 5:07 PM
  • Same problem here too sadly. Been working at it for about a week with no resolution.
    Tuesday, July 26, 2016 1:41 PM
  • FYI: After working with Microsoft support - we got this resolved after finding a secondary 'Microsoft Exchange System Objects' folder in ADSI Edit in our child domain (ran a query to find it) and the objectversion of that was the older. So, renamed it to the 2016 value (13236) and it went through.....
    Friday, August 5, 2016 4:43 PM
  • FYI: After working with Microsoft support - we got this resolved after finding a secondary 'Microsoft Exchange System Objects' folder in ADSI Edit in our child domain (ran a query to find it) and the objectversion of that was the older. So, renamed it to the 2016 value (13236) and it went through.....

That folder is created in every domain.

Blog:    Twitter:   

Friday, August 5, 2016 4:47 PM
  • I had 2 in a domain however...

Friday, August 5, 2016 4:48 PM
  • I had 2 in a domain however...

Oh! Well that's weird.

Blog:    Twitter:   

Friday, August 5, 2016 5:11 PM
  • thanks for this, had the same problem today, a second "Microsoft Exchange System objects" container with an old objectversion, changed it to 13236, looking at the contents of this, it looks like all the old Exchange 5.5 objects

I have just left it all in there

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 12:56 PM