none
Import Calendar in PST and Merge using Exchange 2010 Powershell RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to import A calendar in PST format in Exchange. So far I am successful only adding another calendar in a user's mailbox. I wanted to import this to the existing calendar that they have. This is possible in outlook buy importing PST and uncheck include subfolders, but I am not sure what is the command in Exchange.

My command currently is new-mailboximportrequest -mailbox user@test.com -filepath c:\calendar.pst -targetrootfolder "Calendar"

Looking forward to hear from the experts.

Monday, December 1, 2014 9:38 AM

Answers

All replies

• manage to find a way.

I created a dummy account, imported all the events and exported the calendar using outlook with the output as PST. for the command i change it to includefolders 'calendar'

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 3:12 AM
  • Hi,

We can use the following command to imports a Calendar .pst file on SERVER01 into the User's primary mailbox. Only data in the .pst file's Calendar is imported. The data is imported into the Calendar folder of the target mailbox for User.

New-MailboxImportRequest -Mailbox User@test.com -FilePath \\SERVER01\PSTFiles\Calendar.pst -TargetRootFolder "Calendar" -IncludeFolders "Calendar"

Regards,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 10:01 AM
  • If you want to merge your Outlook contacts without converting it into a csv file then it might be a difficult task as converting to csv and then exporting it is the easiest manual method but time consuming, also creation of duplicate contacts in this method is the most common problem.

Thus to resolve your problem while searching I came across a tool which can merge your contacts easily and 
    after re-searching found that, PST Merge Software can simplify your work by merging contacts from various PST 
    files into one along with removing duplicates. You can even try the demo version.

Saturday, November 18, 2017 1:09 PM